Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Forte Agent

Forte Agent

MayB

I have downloaded Forte Agent (Win 9 and have attempted to use it as
a newsreader. When I try to open an item of the downloaded headers, I
get a popup that asks for my internet connection ISP. I have gone
through the routine establishing that my ISP connection is a LAN but,
nevertheless, I am connected to a land line that proceeds to dial the
telephone. I cancel the dialing.

How can I use Forte Agent thru my LAN? Thanks very much!

docmill

"MayB" <(E-Mail Removed)_THIS.com> wrote in
news:bcKyd.40227$(E-Mail Removed):

> Forte Agent thru my LAN

http://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.php

Can I use Agent with a DSL, Cable, or other Network connection to the
Internet?

To use Agent over a direct (dial-less) connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN,
etc) all you have to do is go to Options | User And System Profile | Dial
Up and remove the setting to open a dial up connection before going online.
And, of course, set your server information up according to the new servers
you will be accessing.

--

link to download forte free agent 3.3 ( freeware ) news reader agent jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk Computer Information 1 07-27-2007 12:23 AM
Re: forte agent 1.93 Computer Support 4 07-23-2003 04:22 PM
Re: forte agent 1.93 Brenadier Jehosephat Computer Support 4 07-23-2003 07:42 AM
Re: forte agent 1.93 Meat Plow Computer Support 0 07-21-2003 06:29 PM
Re: forte agent 1.93 Ron Martell Computer Support 1 07-21-2003 05:32 PM

Advertisments