Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ip address

ip address

PWB

I have an old windows 98 PC but wen I went to set it up to go on the
internet it said that it cant find the ip address , does anyone know how I
can rectify this problem plz as ntl are telling me to see my computer
dealer.

Toolman Tim

"PWB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:T_Jyd.1147$(E-Mail Removed)...
|I have an old windows 98 PC but wen I went to set it up to go on the
| internet it said that it cant find the ip address , does anyone know how I
| can rectify this problem plz as ntl are telling me to see my computer
| dealer.

To get to the Internet, you should be getting the IP address from the ISP.
Try this: go to the Control Panel, double click on Network Properties,
highlight TCP/IP in the list and press the Properties button. (If TCP/IP
isn't in the list, click the add button instead and add the TCP/IP protocol
listed under Microsoft). In the TCP/IP properties, it should be set to get
an IP address automatically. Post back with what you find out if you need
more assistance.