Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Epson C46 Problem

Epson C46 Problem

J C

Hi guys,

I have just purchased an Epson C46 printer and after installing the software
it wont print. I have a lexmark also and that prints no problem. As far as
I know the printer port is ok as it says in device manager that everything
is working ok and there are no conflicts in device manager either. The only
error message I get when trying to print is there was an error trying to
print to printer port (LPT 1). All the cables are correctly fitted etc...
I took the printer to my sons house where we tried it there and it worked no
problem so there is obviously something different with my pc to his. I am
running windows ME and he is running XP I have tried an updated driver
with no success.

Can anyone shed any light on what the problem may be please?

Thank you.

michael davis

You need to set your printer to print through the USB port (look at the
printers properties)
Mike.

"J C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gBHyd.7102$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hi guys,
>
> I have just purchased an Epson C46 printer and after installing the

software
> it wont print. I have a lexmark also and that prints no problem. As far

as
> I know the printer port is ok as it says in device manager that everything
> is working ok and there are no conflicts in device manager either. The

only
> error message I get when trying to print is there was an error trying to
> print to printer port (LPT 1). All the cables are correctly fitted etc...
> I took the printer to my sons house where we tried it there and it worked

no
> problem so there is obviously something different with my pc to his. I am
> running windows ME and he is running XP I have tried an updated driver
> with no success.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on what the problem may be please?
>
> Thank you.

__

If you have both priters installed at the same time than when you print you
have to make sure that you chose the printer that you want it to print on.

If you have only have one of the printers hooked up and you didn;t uninstall
the printer than it is probley still regitstry with windows and you need to
uninstall it.

Epson C46 wont print to edge of page Jo King Computer Support 4 04-16-2005 03:18 PM
Epson C46 wont print to end of page Jo King Computer Support 2 04-15-2005 10:34 PM
bridge-c46.cab Jay NZ Computing 5 03-28-2005 01:31 AM
Epson c62 and Epson Photo 900 chalk & cheese? Maze Digital Photography 0 09-03-2003 08:14 PM
Re: Epson printer 2200 - Epson semi-gloss paper nobody nowhere Digital Photography 1 07-13-2003 02:45 PM

Advertisments