Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Uninstalling Real player

Uninstalling Real player

soup

To cut a very long story short installed then uninstalled
Real player. Uninstalled from"All programs" then looked
in add/remove programs still appeared there so pressed
to delete it, system reported along the lines of "Real player
has already been uninstalled do you wish to remove it
from this list?" so clicked yes for that .
Didn't allow icons everywhere so didn't have that
problem but Real player was still offered as an alternative
in 'Autoplay'. So went to registry I deleted everything with
real player in it but was still getting offered it as an
alternative to play discs .
Does anyone know how to get rid of the last vestige of
Real player?
Have tried Googling but running a script in UNIX
is beyond me (all the 'hits' seemed to be for admins
running server farms). So step by step or directions
to a site that gives step by step instructions would be
best

Have Real Alternative installed
OS is Win XP

--
yours S

SA

Use pc magazine's "unclean." It is better then the windows add/remove
programs utility.
news:nSFyd.5864$(E-Mail Removed). ..