Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > installing new hardware

installing new hardware

anOLDun

will increase its control over people and
nature more rapidly, because it will no longer be hampered by
difficulties of the kind that it is currently experiencing. Survival
is not the principal motive for extending control. As we explained in
paragraphs 87-90, technicians and scientists carry on their work
largely as a surrogate activity; that is, they satisfy their need for
power by solving technical problems. They will continue to do this
with unabated enthusiasm, and among the most interesting and
challenging problems for them to solve will be those of understanding
the human body and mind and intervening in their development. For the
"good of humanity," of course.

165. But suppose on the other hand that the stresses of the coming
decades prove to be too much for the system. If the system breaks down
there may be a period of chaos, a "time of troubles" such as those
that history has recorded: at various epochs in the past. It is
impossible to predict what would emerge from such a time of troubles,
but at any rate the huma

anOLDun

Lo All

Need help linstalling new hardware........

O/s = WinXP

Hardware = Digital Blue Mixman dm2 ( it's a ummmmm...a sound mixing desk)

I connected the hardware - turned the PC on and away we went. Half way
through the installation error message = "this hardware does not have an MS
XP logo test certificate and if you continue with installation system may
not work. cancel installation or continue anyway" I opted for continue
anyway and of course it didn't work.

Tried again and then got "not compatible with XP " error message".

Went onto website and dowloaded what i think is the updater for XP.

tried again ......still wouldn't load

So did system restore, disconnected hardware and re booted the system.

reloaded the cd...... a window appears with options = install programme,
install pdf, exit

Opted for "install programme" but nothing happens, after about 30 seconds
the window closes and i am left looking st the "desktop".

According to the details on the box this hardware is compatible with WinXP.

Not sure what my next step is so any help will be very much appreciated

cheers

Rob K

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 20:09:45 -0000, anOLDun wrote:

<snip>

> cheers

Hi D,

Have never even heard of the product, but a quick Google revealed that :
"The manual and quickstart guide are available in pdf format after
installation." That would leave you in trouble if you're unable to
install properly and if no printed manual came with the package.
So here's the link:
http://www.playdigitalblue.com/tech_support/dm2/docs

This one has a (broken?)link to the latest drivers:
http://technicalgeek.com/Hardware/dm2.htm

And maybe you can find something here :
http://www.expansys.com/forum.asp?co...LUE_MIXMANDMC2

--
My E-mail address in ROT-13:

anOLDun

Hi Rob

Many thanks for the reply and the links.
DL one of the updates as I type - fingers crossed.

Cheers

news:6ewvtp7oj72d.snwpt9nkgpoi$(E-Mail Removed)...