Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't get Netscape 7.2 to execute

Can't get Netscape 7.2 to execute

Phil Tusa

Greetings to all ...

I recently d/l'd Netscape 7.2 and tried to execute it ... When I
double-click the Netscape shortcut, Nothing happens.

I am running a DELL 1.7 Ghz P4 with 500 MB RAM
and plenty of diskspace (40 gig).

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated!

Thanks!

--
Phil

°Mike°

Bad download? Have you tried downloading it
again? How about trying Mozilla Firefox?

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 00:34:10 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Phil Tusa scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Richard

Phil Tusa wrote:

> Greetings to all ...

> I recently d/l'd Netscape 7.2 and tried to execute it ... When I
> double-click the Netscape shortcut, Nothing happens.

> I am running a DELL 1.7 Ghz P4 with 500 MB RAM
> and plenty of diskspace (40 gig).

> Has anyone else had this problem?

> Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated!

> Thanks!

> --
> Phil

Try another download.
I run a dell 4300 with 1.7ghz and 256 Mb ram with no problems.
Have you rebooted since the download?
Some settings need to be applied before you can use it.

trout

Phil Tusa wrote:

> Greetings to all ...
>

> I recently d/l'd Netscape 7.2 and tried to execute it ... When I
> double-click the Netscape shortcut, Nothing happens.
>
> I am running a DELL 1.7 Ghz P4 with 500 MB RAM
> and plenty of diskspace (40 gig).
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?
>
> Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated!
>

> Thanks!

Another thought would be to try to execute from the .exe in the
program folder. If that worked, you could create a working short-cut to
it.
--
"Not likely, perhaps. But you never know....."

Phil Tusa

Thanks guys for your helpful suggestions ...

I'll try downloading another file and rebooting afterwards!

--
Phil