Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > UPNPClient.....Help me get rid of this in XP Pro SP2

UPNPClient.....Help me get rid of this in XP Pro SP2

Arawak

All of a sudden my system with 1GB DDR RAM is crawling.
I notice that every time this happens, a program called UPNPClient
(Universal Plug & Play) shows up in the Windows Task Manager as either
running or not responding. As soon as I shut it down it starts up
again withing minutes, slowing down my computer. I came across a
program via a google search by the name of SafeXP which is supposed to
disable it but to no avail, even after re-booting. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Arawak

Ionizer