Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HOW TO: Decrease Sensitivity for Mouse Clicks

Reply
Thread Tools

HOW TO: Decrease Sensitivity for Mouse Clicks

 
 
Wayfarer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-21-2004
I apologize for crossposting, but I'm very frustrated. I've got
a Windows XP w/SP2 box. The mouse has gotten so sensitive that
almost always when I click on file in Explorer, instead of
selecting the file it opens it. I use a tabbed browser (Maxthon)
and every time I single-click on a tab it closes it instead of
selecting it. I am *not* running in single click mode. I tried
switching to single-click, rebooting, then changing back to
double-click, rebooting again (yeah, I know it was waving a dead
chicken). The mouse clicks were still too sensitive.

I am at my wit's end. Not a long trip, but anyway...

Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this?

TIA

Neill

--
Wayfarer
Journeys: http://www.journeys.ws/

There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the
path. - Morpheus
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lady Chatterly
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-21-2004
In article <1103649485.017734d94e526f0c198f557c539b2778@teran ews> Wayfarer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>I apologize for crossposting, but I'm very frustrated. I've got
>a Windows XP w/SP2 box. The mouse has gotten so sensitive that
>almost always when I click on file in Explorer, instead of
>selecting the file it opens it. I use a tabbed browser (Maxthon)
>and every time I single-click on a tab it closes it instead of
>selecting it. I am *not* running in single click mode. I tried
>switching to single-click, rebooting, then changing back to
>double-click, rebooting again (yeah, I know it was waving a dead
>chicken). The mouse clicks were still too sensitive.
>
>I am at my wit's end. Not a long trip, but anyway...


Do you always ask if you are at your wit's end?

--
Lady Chatterly

"HA! Seems Lady Chatterly trolls on over to the Michael Jackson group
- to create chaos there too!!!!!" -- Judy



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Wayfarer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-21-2004
Thus spake Lady Chatterly <(E-Mail Removed)>:

> In article <1103649485.017734d94e526f0c198f557c539b2778@teran ews> Wayfarer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>I apologize for crossposting, but I'm very frustrated. I've got
>>a Windows XP w/SP2 box. The mouse has gotten so sensitive that
>>almost always when I click on file in Explorer, instead of
>>selecting the file it opens it. I use a tabbed browser (Maxthon)
>>and every time I single-click on a tab it closes it instead of
>>selecting it. I am *not* running in single click mode. I tried
>>switching to single-click, rebooting, then changing back to
>>double-click, rebooting again (yeah, I know it was waving a dead
>>chicken). The mouse clicks were still too sensitive.
>>
>>I am at my wit's end. Not a long trip, but anyway...

>
> Do you always ask if you are at your wit's end?


I needn't (and didn't) ask, since it seems that it's my natural
state. But very often when I post I make light of it...

Neill

--
Wayfarer
Journeys: http://www.journeys.ws/

There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the
path. - Morpheus
 
Reply With Quote
 
Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-21-2004
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:34:31 -0500, Wayfarer <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

|> Thus spake Lady Chatterly <(E-Mail Removed)>:
|>
|> > In article <1103649485.017734d94e526f0c198f557c539b2778@teran ews> Wayfarer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
|> >>
|> >>I apologize for crossposting, but I'm very frustrated. I've got
|> >>a Windows XP w/SP2 box. The mouse has gotten so sensitive that
|> >>almost always when I click on file in Explorer, instead of
|> >>selecting the file it opens it. I use a tabbed browser (Maxthon)
|> >>and every time I single-click on a tab it closes it instead of
|> >>selecting it. I am *not* running in single click mode. I tried
|> >>switching to single-click, rebooting, then changing back to
|> >>double-click, rebooting again (yeah, I know it was waving a dead
|> >>chicken). The mouse clicks were still too sensitive.
|> >>
|> >>I am at my wit's end. Not a long trip, but anyway...
|> >
|> > Do you always ask if you are at your wit's end?
|>
|> I needn't (and didn't) ask, since it seems that it's my natural
|> state. But very often when I post I make light of it...

The lady's a bot with no info for you.

Control panel > mouse
Play with the Double-click speed

If your mouse has different software installed same thing; play with the
Double-click speed.


--
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lady Chatterly
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-21-2004
In article <1103654072.0a0ef00b0b59da305d04f92cca9d8986@teran ews> Wayfarer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>I needn't (and didn't) ask, since it seems that it's my natural
>state. But very often when I post I make light of it...


But Very often when I ps I make light of it.

--
Lady Chatterly

"And the web site you are getting these quotes from is going to run
dry." -- Dr.Postman

 
Reply With Quote
 
Gary G. Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:34:31 -0500, Wayfarer <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> |> Thus spake Lady Chatterly <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> |>
> |> > In article <1103649485.017734d94e526f0c198f557c539b2778@teran ews>
> |> > Wayfarer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> |> >>
> |> >>I apologize for crossposting, but I'm very frustrated. I've got
> |> >>a Windows XP w/SP2 box. The mouse has gotten so sensitive that
> |> >>almost always when I click on file in Explorer, instead of
> |> >>selecting the file it opens it. I use a tabbed browser (Maxthon)
> |> >>and every time I single-click on a tab it closes it instead of
> |> >>selecting it. I am *not* running in single click mode. I tried
> |> >>switching to single-click, rebooting, then changing back to
> |> >>double-click, rebooting again (yeah, I know it was waving a dead
> |> >>chicken). The mouse clicks were still too sensitive.
> |> >>
> |> >>I am at my wit's end. Not a long trip, but anyway...
> |> >
> |> > Do you always ask if you are at your wit's end?
> |>
> |> I needn't (and didn't) ask, since it seems that it's my natural
> |> state. But very often when I post I make light of it...
>
> The lady's a bot with no info for you.
>
> Control panel > mouse
> Play with the Double-click speed
>
> If your mouse has different software installed same thing; play with the
> Double-click speed


There's also a possibility that the mouse is filled with crap (remove the
ball and use Canned Air to give it a vigorous cleaning), or the switch in
your mouse has failed (the dreaded "double bounce" syndrome) and a new
mouse is called for. Try using another mouse for a while; if it behaves
that may fix your problem.

(I KNOW this isn't to the OP, but it flows in the thread. )
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
gary at donavan dot org / http:// geetee dot donavan dot org
"The two most abundant things in the universe
are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison
 
Reply With Quote
 
Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2004
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 02:02:46 GMT, "Gary G. Taylor"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> (I KNOW this isn't to the OP, but it flows in the thread. )




--
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heres a mouse theres a mouse what a mouse do? unholy Gaming 37 09-17-2006 08:59 AM
new computer and big mouse sensitivity probs in photoshop?? Steven C Digital Photography 6 04-02-2005 08:59 PM
Clicks and double-clicks PontiMax ASP .Net Datagrid Control 2 07-14-2004 11:00 AM
Simulating mouse clicks Pedro Sebastiao C++ 2 05-26-2004 06:20 PM
phantom mouse clicks (laptop, win2k) news.bwsys.net Computer Support 2 04-24-2004 06:39 PM



Advertisments