Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > eMule refuses to open

eMule refuses to open

Murgi

I am trying to install eMule (ver. 0.44d) on a new system. When trying to
download from the eMule site (and other sites) it won't do anything... even
if I click on a provided link 10 seconds later. On another computer I had
no problem.

Finally I tried copying the working software from the other computer, clicking
on the program icon won't open the program!
Downloading and running other software programs cause no problems, however.

Are there known problems with other programs (Ad-Aware, Spybot, etc.)?

Thanks,
Murgi

Kenny

Check your firewall settings.

--

Kenny

"Murgi" <rp0000000013@127.0.0.1:7501> wrote in message

> I am trying to install eMule (ver. 0.44d) on a new system. When trying to
> download from the eMule site (and other sites) it won't do anything...

even
> if I click on a provided link 10 seconds later. On another computer I had
> no problem.
>
> Finally I tried copying the working software from the other computer,

clicking
> on the program icon won't open the program!
> Downloading and running other software programs cause no problems,

however.

> Are there known problems with other programs (Ad-Aware, Spybot, etc.)?
>
> Thanks,
> Murgi

News==----

Newsgroups