Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Frozen screen

Reply
Thread Tools

Frozen screen

 
 
john
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2004
While I am on the internet I sometimes get a frozen screen which makes
me have to reboot. I have tried cleaning temporary internet files and
cookies, but it still freezes. Any ideas? Please help.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2004
Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
have the latest version of removal tools:

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
SpyBot S&D guide
http://www.chem.wisc.edu/~network/spybot/

Ad-Aware SE
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/...2cleaner.shtml
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm#Attention

Spyware Blaster
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
Now maintained by InterMute
http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract..._download.html
http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe


On 20 Dec 2004 09:52:52 -0800, in
<(E-Mail Removed). com>
john scrawled:

>While I am on the internet I sometimes get a frozen screen which makes
>me have to reboot. I have tried cleaning temporary internet files and
>cookies, but it still freezes. Any ideas? Please help.


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Nowhere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2004
What do Blaster and Shredder do, That Adware and Spybot don't?

"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41db12d6.5604046@localhost...
> Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
> if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
> Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
> have the latest version of removal tools:
>
> Spybot Search & Destroy
> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
> SpyBot S&D guide
> http://www.chem.wisc.edu/~network/spybot/
>
> Ad-Aware SE
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
> Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/...2cleaner.shtml
> IMPORTANT NOTICE:
> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm#Attention
>
> Spyware Blaster
> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
>
> CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
> http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
> Now maintained by InterMute
> http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract..._download.html
> http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe
>
>
> On 20 Dec 2004 09:52:52 -0800, in
> <(E-Mail Removed). com>
> john scrawled:
>
> >While I am on the internet I sometimes get a frozen screen which makes
> >me have to reboot. I have tried cleaning temporary internet files and
> >cookies, but it still freezes. Any ideas? Please help.

>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance
> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html



 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2004
SpywareBlaster prevents known bad ActiveX from ever
running -- it's a prevention system.

CWShredder removes a particularly nasty hijacker, CoolWebSearch,
which most spyware/malware removers cannot even detect, let
alone remove.

You would have known the above if you had bothered to read
the links.


On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:10:24 -0000, in
<cq7832$s07$(E-Mail Removed)>
Nowhere scrawled:

>What do Blaster and Shredder do, That Adware and Spybot don't?
>
>"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:41db12d6.5604046@localhost...


<snip>

>> Spyware Blaster
>> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
>>
>> CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
>> http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html


<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Nowhere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2004
I couldn't be bothered. But thank you.

"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> SpywareBlaster prevents known bad ActiveX from ever
> running -- it's a prevention system.
>
> CWShredder removes a particularly nasty hijacker, CoolWebSearch,
> which most spyware/malware removers cannot even detect, let
> alone remove.
>
> You would have known the above if you had bothered to read
> the links.
>
>
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:10:24 -0000, in
> <cq7832$s07$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Nowhere scrawled:
>
> >What do Blaster and Shredder do, That Adware and Spybot don't?
> >
> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:41db12d6.5604046@localhost...

>
> <snip>
>
> >> Spyware Blaster
> >> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
> >>
> >> CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
> >> http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html

>
> <snip>
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance
> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html



 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2004
That's OK, the next time I see a post from you
I think I'll not be bothered to help -- you don't
make a lot of sense, anyway.

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:24:20 -0000, in
<cq78t6$fsl$(E-Mail Removed)>
Nowhere scrawled:

>I couldn't be bothered. But thank you.
>
>"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> SpywareBlaster prevents known bad ActiveX from ever
>> running -- it's a prevention system.
>>
>> CWShredder removes a particularly nasty hijacker, CoolWebSearch,
>> which most spyware/malware removers cannot even detect, let
>> alone remove.
>>
>> You would have known the above if you had bothered to read
>> the links.


<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
hawhaw
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2004

yeah sounds like a damaged activex trying to execute itself, go into your
windows folder, open up the " Downloaded Program Files" folder & delete all
unknown activex plugins, or just delete them all, the ones you really neen
like window update..etc will reinstall themselves next time you use the
service.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Compiling xpython: No rule to make target `runathana.py', needed by `frozen/frozen.c'. est Python 1 10-11-2010 03:35 AM
Frozen Firefox? John Firefox 1 07-21-2005 10:41 PM
System Frozen while updating argus Microsoft Certification 0 08-17-2004 03:11 PM
Catalyst 4506 frozen and losing startup-config jmark Cisco 0 04-28-2004 06:10 AM
Frozen string problem, but I haven't frozen anything? LC Geldenhuys Ruby 5 02-18-2004 08:13 AM



Advertisments