Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > mp3 player question

mp3 player question

asifi'dtell

Sorry if this is OT here, but nobody answers at the mp3 NG

I just bought an inexpensive ( because kids tend to lose things) Smartdisk
mp3 player for my 10 yr. old daughter. While the loading was a bit dodgy,
the sound was good using either the buds that came with it or her old
headphones.
Now to the question:
It came with an FM tuner, however, the tuner is a separate piece that is
attached permanently to the buds, which means she likely won't use it as she
prefers regular headphones. I asked a friend about this and she said they
ALL have separate tuners. Is this true? I can't seem to get info on another
one i am looking at, a Sandisk 256 mg with FM tuner for $100 CAD.
Do any of the lower level models actually have the FM tuner integrated in
the player??
Thanks
TB--

--
"The cat could very well be man's best friend, but would never stoop to
admitting it!"

---

dragotown

Most of the time you will have to get a more expensive ($200+) model if
you want a built in FM tuner. I know I have seen built in FM tuners in
these so just keep looking.