Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help: Accidently installed Norton Internet Security 2005 with the wrong system date.

Help: Accidently installed Norton Internet Security 2005 with the wrong system date.

Rocky

I had the date set back for a prior version of Norton Internet
Security and forgot to reset it to the current date when installing
Norton Internet Security 2005. So now it is expired right from the
start. I have tried uninstalling, deleting everything Symantec I could
find, and then deleting any relevant registry keys. It still installs
with the old wrong subscription dates. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
Rocky

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Sun,
19 Dec 2004 23:49:03 -0600, Rocky <(E-Mail Removed)> screamed from behind
the mulberry bush:

>I had the date set back for a prior version of Norton Internet
>Security and forgot to reset it to the current date when installing
>Norton Internet Security 2005. So now it is expired right from the
>start. I have tried uninstalling, deleting everything Symantec I could
>find, and then deleting any relevant registry keys. It still installs
>with the old wrong subscription dates. Anyone know how to fix this?

Why don't you call Symantec? Then there's the web page but that might
take a tad bit of effort.

DC

Rocky wrote:

> I had the date set back for a prior version of Norton Internet
> Security and forgot to reset it to the current date when installing
> Norton Internet Security 2005. So now it is expired right from the
> start. I have tried uninstalling, deleting everything Symantec I could
> find, and then deleting any relevant registry keys. It still installs
> with the old wrong subscription dates. Anyone know how to fix this?

Let me get this straight...

You're trying to remove *Norton* and you stripped everything *Symantec*
from your filesystem and registry? May I suggest a good night's sleep
and try again in the morning with a clear head?

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

It's not the software that's free; it's you.

°Mike°

Why did you have the date set back?
As for the fix, contact Symantec.

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:49:03 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Rocky scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Dickhead

I am Gay.

Thx for spam mail. LMAO.

"Rocky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I had the date set back for a prior version of Norton Internet
> Security and forgot to reset it to the current date when installing
> Norton Internet Security 2005. So now it is expired right from the
> start. I have tried uninstalling, deleting everything Symantec I could
> find, and then deleting any relevant registry keys. It still installs
> with the old wrong subscription dates. Anyone know how to fix this?
>
> Thanks
> Rocky

John Holmes

°Mike° came up with this:

> Why did you have the date set back?

He had some version that expired. He was trying to fool the application by
setting the date back. Now he ****ed up the lot. I think he deserved it.

--
-John Holmes-

"It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."