Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Your opinions, what is best free popup,popunder stopper?

Your opinions, what is best free popup,popunder stopper?

Eagle Creek

need opinions for a FREE good popup, popunder stopper.

DC

Eagle Creek wrote:
> need opinions for a FREE good popup, popunder stopper.

Mozilla/Firefox.

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

It's not the software that's free; it's you.

°Mike°

SlimBrowser combined with Proxomitron.
I NEVER get unwanted popups/unders.

SlimBrowser
http://www.flashpeak.com/sbrowser/

Proxomitron
http://www.proxomitron.info/
Proxomitron Introduction
http://www.sankey.ws/proxomitron.html

Proxomitron filters
http://www.jd5000.net/
http://www.sankey.ws/proxfilt.html

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 13:14:36 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Eagle Creek scrawled:

>need opinions for a FREE good popup, popunder stopper.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Jock Strap

Eagle Creek wrote:

> need opinions for a FREE good popup, popunder stopper.

The Firefox browser.

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

Although its not perfect, I really like the Google toolbar.

--Tina
--
http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Multi-Domain & Reseller Cpanel Hosting
http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting

"Eagle Creek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> need opinions for a FREE good popup, popunder stopper.

Toolman Tim

Quite - all things considered, my favorite (and now only) add-on toolbar.
Now I have instant access to Google's search, and was able to choose a
different home page. (For the longest time, Google *had* to be my home
page!)

"Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Although its not perfect, I really like the Google toolbar.
|
| --Tina
| --
| http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Multi-Domain & Reseller Cpanel Hosting
| http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting
| ++ 20% Discount Coupon Code ++: newsgroup
| Serving the web since 1997
|

| "Eagle Creek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > need opinions for a FREE good popup, popunder stopper.

°Mike°

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:34:14 -0800, in
<lJlxd.26215$(E-Mail Removed)>
Toolman Tim scrawled:

<snip>

>Now I have instant access to Google's search,

I have access to 38 *fully customisable* search engines,
directly from SlimBrowser's quicksearch bar, not to mention
direct RSS reading from the browser, and the many, many
other tools and features, including filtering.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Blinky the Shark

Firefox. http://mozilla.org

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

bjc

Yep - Tina right, Google's good. Guys and Gals, Mr. Eagle Creek just wants a
popup blocker!

"Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Although its not perfect, I really like the Google toolbar.
>
> --Tina
> --
> http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Multi-Domain & Reseller Cpanel Hosting
> http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting
> ++ 20% Discount Coupon Code ++: newsgroup
> Serving the web since 1997
>

> "Eagle Creek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > need opinions for a FREE good popup, popunder stopper.

sethra

Eagle Creek wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> need opinions for a FREE good popup, popunder stopper.

The Proxomitron.

http://www.proxomitron.info/

--
~sethra