Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > pics, right click save as, only bmp available

pics, right click save as, only bmp available

Quiz Time

Hello there. I have installed a new windows XP (Pro) Update and restarted my
computer, went to newsgroups (using outlook express) with the pics and when
I right clicked on the pic and hit 'save as', it's only giving me the option
to save as BMP

Thats odd, usually its jpg, so i clicked to see if there was any other
options to see if the drop down menu would allow me to save as jpg, no other
options listed, so i checked other newsgroups and even opened a saved email
with jpg's in the email and right clicked and even there only bmp is coming
up as the option for 'save as'

somethings not right here,

how do i fix this?

thanks in advance

Claire

Ingeborg

"Quiz Time" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:uNexd.201$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hello there. I have installed a new windows XP (Pro) Update and
> restarted my computer, went to newsgroups (using outlook express) with
> the pics and when I right clicked on the pic and hit 'save as', it's
> only giving me the option to save as BMP
>
> Thats odd, usually its jpg, so i clicked to see if there was any other
> options to see if the drop down menu would allow me to save as jpg, no
> other options listed, so i checked other newsgroups and even opened a
> saved email with jpg's in the email and right clicked and even there
> only bmp is coming up as the option for 'save as'
>
> somethings not right here,
>
> how do i fix this?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Claire

I once read that the same problem in IE sometimes is resolved by cleaning
up the 'Temporary Internet Files'. Control Panel->Internet Options.

°Mike°

Empty your temporary internet files cache.
See my signature.

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:49:30 GMT, in
<uNexd.201$(E-Mail Removed)>
Quiz Time scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Quiz Time

Thank you very much, its appreciated and it worked.

Claire

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Empty your temporary internet files cache.
> See my signature.
>
> On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:49:30 GMT, in
> <uNexd.201$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Quiz Time scrawled:
>
>>Hello there. I have installed a new windows XP (Pro) Update and restarted
>>my
>>computer, went to newsgroups (using outlook express) with the pics and
>>when
>>I right clicked on the pic and hit 'save as', it's only giving me the
>>option
>>to save as BMP
>>
>>Thats odd, usually its jpg, so i clicked to see if there was any other
>>options to see if the drop down menu would allow me to save as jpg, no
>>other
>>options listed, so i checked other newsgroups and even opened a saved
>>email
>>with jpg's in the email and right clicked and even there only bmp is
>>coming
>>up as the option for 'save as'
>>
>>somethings not right here,
>>
>>how do i fix this?
>>
>>thanks in advance
>>
>>Claire
>>

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You're welcome.

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 13:10:23 GMT, in
<35fxd.204$(E-Mail Removed)>
Quiz Time scrawled:

>Thank you very much, its appreciated and it worked.
>
>Claire

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Empty your temporary internet files cache.
>> See my signature.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance