Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Net send command on xp pro home network

Net send command on xp pro home network

Malvin

Need someone to help me on this issue. Trying to use this feature, however,
on computerA it says sent successfully, but nothing is displayed on
computerB.

Muppet

"Malvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cq2cbr$ql7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Need someone to help me on this issue. Trying to use this feature,
> however, on computerA it says sent successfully, but nothing is displayed
> on computerB.

You have a firewall on computer B.

Dataspider

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:01:20 -0000, "Muppet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Malvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:cq2cbr$ql7$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Need someone to help me on this issue. Trying to use this feature,
>> however, on computerA it says sent successfully, but nothing is displayed
>> on computerB.
>>

>You have a firewall on computer B.

or lack of service for messenger.

Conor

In article Malvin says...
> Need someone to help me on this issue. Trying to use this feature, however,
> on computerA it says sent successfully, but nothing is displayed on
> computerB.

Messenger service is disabled by default with Service Pack 2.

--
Conor

A man alone in the forest is talking to himself and no women around to
hear him. Is he still wrong?

Malvin

"Muppet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41c4b6c5$0$16582$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Malvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cq2cbr$ql7$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Need someone to help me on this issue. Trying to use this feature,
>> however, on computerA it says sent successfully, but nothing is displayed
>> on computerB.
>>

> You have a firewall on computer B.

Okay, checked windows firewall and have now turned it off. Also made sure
computerA is also turned off, which is already.

Tried again, and still the same thing.

The only firewall I have is on the NetGear DG834G.

Malvin

"Dataspider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:01:20 -0000, "Muppet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Malvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:cq2cbr$ql7$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Need someone to help me on this issue. Trying to use this feature,
>>> however, on computerA it says sent successfully, but nothing is
>>> displayed
>>> on computerB.
>>>

>>You have a firewall on computer B.
>>

> or lack of service for messenger.

I have enabled on both machine messenger.

What other service is lacking for messenger?

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Malvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cq3hlo$6l9$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dataspider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > or lack of service for messenger.
> >

> I have enabled on both machine messenger.
>
> What other service is lacking for messenger?

Which Messenger? Windows Messenger? Or Messenger Service for
Windows?

Those are two different services, despite the VERY confusing
similarity in names.

RwP

Malvin

"Ralph Wade Phillips" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Howdy!
>
> "Malvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cq3hlo$6l9$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Dataspider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > or lack of service for messenger.
>> >

>> I have enabled on both machine messenger.
>>
>> What other service is lacking for messenger?

> Which Messenger? Windows Messenger? Or Messenger Service for
> Windows?
>
> Those are two different services, despite the VERY confusing
> similarity in names.
>
> RwP

Messenger Service for Windows (Did I not mention that already?)

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

news:cq4dbk$gs4$(E-Mail Removed)...

Not explicitly, no. What you said was:

> >> I have enabled on both machine messenger.

which could have been either. But you got the right one.

Past that, it'll be firewall or not using the right machine name /
user name.

RwP