Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AOL Uninstall: Won't Work ?

AOL Uninstall: Won't Work ?

sbullock34 sbullock34 is offline
Junior Member

I don't know you but you are the only one that I found that could tell me how to get rid of AOL crap for good!! I even have a friend that works for AOL and he couldn't get rid of all of it. I followed your instructions word for word and did the search again and nothing under "AOL" came back up.
There's only one other thing everybody needs to do. Do a search and type in "America Online" as well. I had 4 more files under the full name. Now I have nothing, absolutely nothing, with AOL or America Online in my computer.
I've been trying to dump that crap ever since I left them 3 years ago when I found out that they downloaded a "tracking cookie" into my system and changed my media player to theirs. WAY TO GO SPARKYUIOP and THANKS!!

Grateful One Grateful One is offline
Junior Member

I am replying to a reply that was posted over a year ago by sparkyuiop regarding uninstalling AOL (04.13.2008 08:27 AM). Sparky, whoever you are, I registered only to be able to post a thank you for your assistance with uninstalling AOL from my computer...prior to following your directions nothing else had worked. AOL techs couldn't even help (I called them plenty!); I was ready to threaten and get some kind of class action lawsuit going against AOL for hijacking my computer if I could! I spent hours and hours in frustration trying to rid my brand new Gateway (with Windows Vista) of AOL. I did all sorts of searches on Google until finally, I hit the mark. You're a genius. I am truly grateful for your post, sparkyuiop! Thank you!!!

Grateful One

sparkyuiop sparkyuiop is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful One
I am replying to a reply that was posted over a year ago by sparkyuiop regarding uninstalling AOL (04.13.2008 08:27 AM). Sparky, whoever you are, I registered only to be able to post a thank you for your assistance with uninstalling AOL from my computer...prior to following your directions nothing else had worked. AOL techs couldn't even help (I called them plenty!); I was ready to threaten and get some kind of class action lawsuit going against AOL for hijacking my computer if I could! I spent hours and hours in frustration trying to rid my brand new Gateway (with Windows Vista) of AOL. I did all sorts of searches on Google until finally, I hit the mark. You're a genius. I am truly grateful for your post, sparkyuiop! Thank you!!!

Grateful One
Your more than welcome. Glad you got rid of the crap. Shame so many people are still installing it when they just don't need to. Configure your router manually peeps and launch that AOL CD in the bin where it belongs!