Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Search Function In XP: Better One Available ?

Search Function In XP: Better One Available ?

Robert11

Hello:

I don't know if ity's just me, but I sure find the Search function in
XP as being really poor, slow, and quirky.

Is there a (significantly) better one available as a download from
somewhere that you all might recommend ?

Thanks,
Bob

Duane Arnold

"Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:g7qdnRoPfI5p81ncRVn-

> Hello:
>
> I don't know if ity's just me, but I sure find the Search function in
> XP as being really poor, slow, and quirky.
>
> Is there a (significantly) better one available as a download from
> somewhere that you all might recommend ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

I don't know what your problem can be with the Search function on XP, other
than; you simply don't know how to use it. One doesn't have problems with
the Search feature of all things.

Duane

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:55:05 -0500, "Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

|> Hello:
|>
|> I don't know if ity's just me, but I sure find the Search function in
|> XP as being really poor, slow, and quirky.
|>
|> Is there a (significantly) better one available as a download from
|> somewhere that you all might recommend ?

I've found Agent ransack meets my needs.
http://tinyurl.com/6r4pg

Maurice

Google Desktop Search. Free from the site. Virtually instantaneous.

--
Maurice <(E-Mail Removed)>
S.Bucks. UK

"Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello:
>
> I don't know if ity's just me, but I sure find the Search function in
> XP as being really poor, slow, and quirky.
>
> Is there a (significantly) better one available as a download from
> somewhere that you all might recommend ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Sayso Takewashi

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:48:25 GMT, "Maurice" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Google Desktop Search. Free from the site. Virtually instantaneous.

Some years ago,i use a indexing search programm.
Each night it will build a index (just like google do) and searching
for some file last only 0,3-0,5 seconds.
Forgot the name,maybe some searching with "index search" on the
popular shareware-websites will get some hits...