Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DVD Rewriter

DVD Rewriter

El Duderino

Hi all, can someone give me some advice on these please. I know absolutely
nothing about them but am being bought one to install in my puter for xmas.
The person who is buying it for me has just rung me and said "Do I want a +
one or a - one?"
What the hell does she mean and which would I be advised to get?
I feel I should know this so am going to have a google but thought I would
ask for *unbiased* advice from here first.
Thanks for any and all help

--
'tis clean me thinks; Messr's Kaspersky & AVG sayeth such

MJP

"El Duderino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KJYwd.29299$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Hi all, can someone give me some advice on these please. I know
> absolutely nothing about them but am being bought one to install in my
> puter for xmas. The person who is buying it for me has just rung me and
> said "Do I want a + one or a - one?"
> What the hell does she mean and which would I be advised to get?
> I feel I should know this so am going to have a google but thought I would
> ask for *unbiased* advice from here first.
> Thanks for any and all help

Get a Dual burner i.e. it will deal with both + and - DVD discs. A bit like
betamax and vhs, same thing different formats.

MJP

dadiOH

MJP wrote:
> "El Duderino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:KJYwd.29299$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>> Hi all, can someone give me some advice on these please. I know
>> absolutely nothing about them but am being bought one to install in
>> my puter for xmas. The person who is buying it for me has just rung
>> me and said "Do I want a + one or a - one?"
>> What the hell does she mean and which would I be advised to get?
>> I feel I should know this so am going to have a google but thought I
>> would ask for *unbiased* advice from here first.
>> Thanks for any and all help

> Get a Dual burner i.e. it will deal with both + and - DVD discs. A
> bit like betamax and vhs, same thing different formats.

She might take "dual" to mean a dual layer drive - one that burns double
the norm - so unless you are feeling greedy tell her "both" (most are).

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...