Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > can't save my password

can't save my password

I now have to type in my email password every time I log on to collect my
emails. This all started today after I disconnected my computer for a few
minutes to connect a safety adapter that stops electric surges to the
computer. The problem is that the box you tick to save your password is grey
and will not allow me to click on it to save my password setting. I am using
Outlook express and Internet explorer. Can someone please tell me how I can
fix this, Thanks for any help giving?

°Mike°

Dial-Up Networking Password Is Not Saved

Save Password Check Box Is Unavailable

Damaged Password List File Does Not Save Passwords

User Information Not Saved for Dial-Up Networking Connection

OLEXP Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained
in Windows 2000 or XP

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:28:42 GMT, in
<u2Cwd.59$(E-Mail Removed)>
<<Scottie>> scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Thanks Mike, I have fixed the problem, but I now have other problem, for
some unknown reason I find my self with the Yahoo attached to Internet
Explorer and I can only assume that my daughter has got something to do with
it? Is there any way to get rid of this Yahoo banner?
===========
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dial-Up Networking Password Is Not Saved
>
> Save Password Check Box Is Unavailable
>
> Damaged Password List File Does Not Save Passwords
>
> User Information Not Saved for Dial-Up Networking Connection
>
> OLEXP Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained
> in Windows 2000 or XP
>

> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:28:42 GMT, in
> <u2Cwd.59$(E-Mail Removed)>
> <<Scottie>> scrawled:
>
>>I now have to type in my email password every time I log on to collect my
>>emails. This all started today after I disconnected my computer for a few
>>minutes to connect a safety adapter that stops electric surges to the
>>computer. The problem is that the box you tick to save your password is
>>grey
>>and will not allow me to click on it to save my password setting. I am
>>using
>>Outlook express and Internet explorer. Can someone please tell me how I
>>can
>>fix this, Thanks for any help giving?
>>

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

It's OK Mike I have managed to get rid of the Yahoo Toolbar.
=========
"<<Scottie>>" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:X9Ewd.166$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Mike, I have fixed the problem, but I now have other problem, for
> some unknown reason I find my self with the Yahoo attached to Internet
> Explorer and I can only assume that my daughter has got something to do
> with it? Is there any way to get rid of this Yahoo banner?
> ===========
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Dial-Up Networking Password Is Not Saved
>>
>> Save Password Check Box Is Unavailable
>>
>> Damaged Password List File Does Not Save Passwords
>>
>> User Information Not Saved for Dial-Up Networking Connection
>>
>> OLEXP Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained
>> in Windows 2000 or XP
>>

>> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:28:42 GMT, in
>> <u2Cwd.59$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> <<Scottie>> scrawled:
>>
>>>I now have to type in my email password every time I log on to collect my
>>>emails. This all started today after I disconnected my computer for a few
>>>minutes to connect a safety adapter that stops electric surges to the
>>>computer. The problem is that the box you tick to save your password is
>>>grey
>>>and will not allow me to click on it to save my password setting. I am
>>>using
>>>Outlook express and Internet explorer. Can someone please tell me how I
>>>can
>>>fix this, Thanks for any help giving?
>>>

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Great. I'm glad to hear you sorted both out.

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:39:20 GMT, in
<cREwd.153$(E-Mail Removed)>
<<Scottie>> scrawled:

>It's OK Mike I have managed to get rid of the Yahoo Toolbar.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance