Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Nero backitup truncated file names

Nero backitup truncated file names

Cubzilla

Hiya all

Did a Nero 6 backit up of my XP system disk before rebuilding it, came to
resore some of the file only to be told by backitup that

Some of the folders/files cannot be restored because they will have long
folder/file paths on the target location,
Possible cause:
-The folder selected as restore target has a long path
- Backup was created on a different operating system that had long file name
support

Backup seems to produce 2 files

1) a folder with a date and time coded title 20041112_095644_name

2) what seems to be an info file for backitup to use

if i drill down into the folder and find a truncated file i can right click
I can do a Nero backit restore the file is recovered in full ie with the
extended file name to my new built disk.

I can I get Nero backit to restore and ignore the truncated file error
message ?

Regard Cub