Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bios is not ACPI Compliant Stop Error

Bios is not ACPI Compliant Stop Error

°Mike°

On step at a time.

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:23:28 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
T.B. scrawled:

>well i answered my own question and am going to try d/l some XP Home boot
>disks to try the F7 thing. IF that doesn't work, then what?

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

T.B.

so when I get the floppies made and boot into Setup and do the F7 thing, do
I just continue on with setup, or do I go into the recovery console or what?
what exactly do I do after I hit F7? I'm not re-installing XP right?

TB

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On step at a time.
>
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:23:28 -0600, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> T.B. scrawled:
>
> >well i answered my own question and am going to try d/l some XP Home boot
> >disks to try the F7 thing. IF that doesn't work, then what?

> <snip>
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:09:51 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
T.B. scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

T.B.

mike:

i did re-read the article about 3 times. nowhere in there does it tell
exactly what to do after hitting F7. i guess it would be too hard for you
to just tell me huh?

TB

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:09:51 -0600, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> T.B. scrawled:
>
> >so when I get the floppies made and boot into Setup and do the F7 thing,

do
> >I just continue on with setup, or do I go into the recovery console or

what?
> >what exactly do I do after I hit F7? I'm not re-installing XP right?
> >
> >TB
> >
> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> On step at a time.
> >>
> >> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:23:28 -0600, in
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >> T.B. scrawled:

boot

> >> <snip>
> >>

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:27:47 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
T.B. scrawled:

>mike:
>
>i did re-read the article about 3 times. nowhere in there does it tell
>exactly what to do after hitting F7.

So you didn't see:
"Windows automatically disables the installation of the ACPI HAL
and installs the Standard PC HAL. "

>i guess it would be too hard for you to just tell me huh?

After that remark, then yes.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

T.B.

yes i did see that remark, but did it ever say what to do after that?
finish out the reinstallation of XP? reboot? etc...
either way, thanks for your time.
TB

> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:27:47 -0600, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> T.B. scrawled:
>
> >mike:
> >
> >i did re-read the article about 3 times. nowhere in there does it tell
> >exactly what to do after hitting F7.

> So you didn't see:
> "Windows automatically disables the installation of the ACPI HAL
> and installs the Standard PC HAL. "
>
> >i guess it would be too hard for you to just tell me huh?

> After that remark, then yes.
>
> <snip>
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance

JohnnyM JohnnyM is offline
Junior Member

It's lousy, non-committal advice like this that ruins otherwise helpful posts. The only advice 'Mike' gave was achieved with a simple Google search.

Mike: Next time you want to help someone out, don't do it half-assed, then get your panties in a bunch when they get frustrated at your lame comments.

ctperimeter ctperimeter is offline
Junior Member

Similar Problem on an HP A706n.

Noticed that Microsoft referenced a change in memory so I reseated the memory and was able to boot the machine.

Bill