Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bios is not ACPI Compliant Stop Error

Bios is not ACPI Compliant Stop Error

T.B.

i am getting a blue screen during boot up on a Dell Inspiron 2650 running
WIN XP Home. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Windows
Updates I performed. I can't get into Safe Mode, and LKC did not work
either. Still going to the blue screen with the error:

Stop: 0x000000A5 A problem has been detected...Bios is not ACPI
compliant... Please visit www.hardwareupdate.com...

The big problem is that I can't get the system to boot to CD either. I have
flashed the BIOS to A13 per Dell's support site and changed the boot
sequence to CDROM 1st but it won't boot into XP, thus I cannot do a repair
or access the recovery console etc.

What else can I do here? What are my options?

thanks in advance

TB

WTC

Were you having problems before you flashed your BIOS. If not, why would you
do this. A general rule with the BIOS is, if you are not having problems DO
NOT flash the BIOS.

A bad BIOS flash could mean no more posting of the computer which means a
non-working motherboard.

--
William

"T.B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i am getting a blue screen during boot up on a Dell Inspiron 2650 running
> WIN XP Home. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Windows
> Updates I performed. I can't get into Safe Mode, and LKC did not work
> either. Still going to the blue screen with the error:
>
> Stop: 0x000000A5 A problem has been detected...Bios is not ACPI
> compliant... Please visit www.hardwareupdate.com...
>
> The big problem is that I can't get the system to boot to CD either. I
> have
> flashed the BIOS to A13 per Dell's support site and changed the boot
> sequence to CDROM 1st but it won't boot into XP, thus I cannot do a
> repair
> or access the recovery console etc.
>
> What else can I do here? What are my options?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> TB

T.B.

yes i was having problems. the blue screen problem that I posted about. i
flashed the bios after the problem originally occurred. I didn't just flash
it out of the clear blue sky if that's what you were inferring.

TB

"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%2313Q3I$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Were you having problems before you flashed your BIOS. If not, why would

you
> do this. A general rule with the BIOS is, if you are not having problems

DO
> NOT flash the BIOS.
>
> A bad BIOS flash could mean no more posting of the computer which means a
> non-working motherboard.
>
> --
> William
>

> "T.B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >i am getting a blue screen during boot up on a Dell Inspiron 2650 running
> > WIN XP Home. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Windows
> > Updates I performed. I can't get into Safe Mode, and LKC did not work
> > either. Still going to the blue screen with the error:
> >
> > Stop: 0x000000A5 A problem has been detected...Bios is not ACPI
> > compliant... Please visit www.hardwareupdate.com...
> >
> > The big problem is that I can't get the system to boot to CD either. I
> > have
> > flashed the BIOS to A13 per Dell's support site and changed the boot
> > sequence to CDROM 1st but it won't boot into XP, thus I cannot do a
> > repair
> > or access the recovery console etc.
> >
> > What else can I do here? What are my options?
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >
> > TB

WTC

In your BIOS is there any settings for ACPI? Did you look at Dells support
group site?

Here is a link for ACPI support

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?...s&cs=19&k=ACPI

--
William

"T.B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> yes i was having problems. the blue screen problem that I posted about.
> flashed the bios after the problem originally occurred. I didn't just
> flash
> it out of the clear blue sky if that's what you were inferring.
>
> TB
>
> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:%2313Q3I$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Were you having problems before you flashed your BIOS. If not, why would

> you
>> do this. A general rule with the BIOS is, if you are not having problems

> DO
>> NOT flash the BIOS.
>>
>> A bad BIOS flash could mean no more posting of the computer which means a
>> non-working motherboard.
>>
>> --
>> William
>>

>> "T.B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >i am getting a blue screen during boot up on a Dell Inspiron 2650
>> >running
>> > WIN XP Home. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Windows
>> > Updates I performed. I can't get into Safe Mode, and LKC did not work
>> > either. Still going to the blue screen with the error:
>> >
>> > Stop: 0x000000A5 A problem has been detected...Bios is not ACPI
>> > compliant... Please visit www.hardwareupdate.com...
>> >
>> > The big problem is that I can't get the system to boot to CD either. I
>> > have
>> > flashed the BIOS to A13 per Dell's support site and changed the boot
>> > sequence to CDROM 1st but it won't boot into XP, thus I cannot do a
>> > repair
>> > or access the recovery console etc.
>> >
>> > What else can I do here? What are my options?
>> >
>> > thanks in advance
>> >
>> > TB

°Mike°

<Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>

"Stop 0x000000A5" Error When You Are Installing Windows XP

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:26:36 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
T.B. scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

T.B.

i couldn't find any ACPI settings in the Bios. anyone know where they are
in A13?

i also searched Dell's Forums for possible solutions and found a couple of
things, but nothing that worked.

TB

"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:OA8wNi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In your BIOS is there any settings for ACPI? Did you look at Dells support
> group site?
>
> Here is a link for ACPI support

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?...s&cs=19&k=ACPI

> --
> William
>

> "T.B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > yes i was having problems. the blue screen problem that I posted about.
> > flashed the bios after the problem originally occurred. I didn't just
> > flash
> > it out of the clear blue sky if that's what you were inferring.
> >
> > TB
> >
> > "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:%2313Q3I$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Were you having problems before you flashed your BIOS. If not, why

would
> > you
> >> do this. A general rule with the BIOS is, if you are not having

problems
> > DO
> >> NOT flash the BIOS.
> >>
> >> A bad BIOS flash could mean no more posting of the computer which means

> >> non-working motherboard.
> >>
> >> --
> >> William
> >>

> >> "T.B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

work

T.B.

this link definitely pertains to my problem, but since I can't boot to CD it
is irrelevant. any other suggestions?

TB

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> <Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>
>
> "Stop 0x000000A5" Error When You Are Installing Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q314830
>

> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:26:36 -0600, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> T.B. scrawled:
>
> >i am getting a blue screen during boot up on a Dell Inspiron 2650 running
> >WIN XP Home. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Windows
> >Updates I performed. I can't get into Safe Mode, and LKC did not work
> >either. Still going to the blue screen with the error:
> >
> >Stop: 0x000000A5 A problem has been detected...Bios is not ACPI
> >compliant... Please visit www.hardwareupdate.com...
> >
> >The big problem is that I can't get the system to boot to CD either. I

have
> >flashed the BIOS to A13 per Dell's support site and changed the boot
> >sequence to CDROM 1st but it won't boot into XP, thus I cannot do a

repair
> >or access the recovery console etc.
> >
> >What else can I do here? What are my options?
> >
> >thanks in advance
> >
> >TB
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Did you try the advice to manually install the Standard HAL?

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 06:45:36 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
T.B. scrawled:

>this link definitely pertains to my problem, but since I can't boot to CD it
>is irrelevant. any other suggestions?
>
>TB

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> <Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>
>>
>> "Stop 0x000000A5" Error When You Are Installing Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q314830

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

T.B.

i can't try that advice, because I can't boot into Setup from CD. Here are
those instructions:

1. Restart the computer to restart Setup.
When Setup starts again, press F7 (not F6) when you see the "Press F6
if you need to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver" screen.

I'm assuming that they are referring to XP setup. Since I can't boot
to CD, I can't get to the Press F6 if you need to install a third-party SCSI
or RAID driver part.

Are there XP floppy boot disks that will get me there?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Did you try the advice to manually install the Standard HAL?
>
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 06:45:36 -0600, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> T.B. scrawled:
>
> >this link definitely pertains to my problem, but since I can't boot to CD

it
> >is irrelevant. any other suggestions?
> >
> >TB
> >
> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> <Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>
> >>
> >> "Stop 0x000000A5" Error When You Are Installing Windows XP
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q314830

> <snip>
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance

T.B.

well i answered my own question and am going to try d/l some XP Home boot
disks to try the F7 thing. IF that doesn't work, then what?

TB