Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP Port Blocking

XP Port Blocking

Ron

I have three XP computers connected to a home telephone network. One is
a server using WinProxy and SP2. I have shut down the XP firewall and am
using the free version of Zone Alarm.

Everything on the network is as smooth as glass except for the fact that
I simply cannot do Netscape mail on the client computers. Nor can I
access the mail server with a program I use to check mail before
downloading it. I also cannot get into some sites (eg., my bank, my
cell phone company) where there seems to be some heavy layers of
security -- I'm told I have the wrong proxy sever. No other problems,
either with the web or password protected sites, including web mail.
Overall network is fast and there are no crashes whatsoever. I've set
up the clients for manual proxies per recommendation of WinProxy
(automatic does not work at all), and have IP addresses, etc. right.

Any thoughts? Thanks.