Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MSM messanger

MSM messanger

Danielle Rivas

Hi, It is my first message on your board I hope you can help me.
I had a friend using my computer to check his messages, msm register his
name on my computer and I cannot get rid of it. I uninstalled msm
messenger, re-downloalded msm , and I still have his name popping when I
open msm, and it seems than when he open his computer, if I am on my
computer he cannot access msm from his computer. I hope my description is
not to confusing. I am not an expert, I just get by with the basic.

Thank you for you Help

Danielle

Nowhere

Right click on the name and delete it.

"Danielle Rivas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi, It is my first message on your board I hope you can help me.
> I had a friend using my computer to check his messages, msm register his
> name on my computer and I cannot get rid of it. I uninstalled msm
> messenger, re-downloalded msm , and I still have his name popping when I
> open msm, and it seems than when he open his computer, if I am on my
> computer he cannot access msm from his computer. I hope my description is
> not to confusing. I am not an expert, I just get by with the basic.
>
> Thank you for you Help
>
> Danielle

Danielle Rivas

Like I said I probably did not make myself clear. I like to remove the
account from MSM messenger.
I tried right click and remove but it is not working.
Thanks again
Danielle

"Nowhere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cppfpe$i4d$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Right click on the name and delete it.
>
> "Danielle Rivas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Hi, It is my first message on your board I hope you can help me.
>> I had a friend using my computer to check his messages, msm register his
>> name on my computer and I cannot get rid of it. I uninstalled msm
>> messenger, re-downloalded msm , and I still have his name popping when I
>> open msm, and it seems than when he open his computer, if I am on my
>> computer he cannot access msm from his computer. I hope my description is
>> not to confusing. I am not an expert, I just get by with the basic.
>>
>> Thank you for you Help
>>
>> Danielle

uker

> Right click on the name and delete it.

Does this stop the name popping up on the other persons PC as well?

Danielle Rivas

I think it does if I am using my computer.

"uker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Right click on the name and delete it.

> Does this stop the name popping up on the other persons PC as well?

twhiteme@gmail.com

If you are using Windows XP I beleive you can goto the Control Panel
--> User Accounts --> Click on your Administrator Account --> In the
upper left corner click on Manage My Network Passwords --> highlight
their .net login (should be their MSN login) and click remove. That
will kill it from showing up in the drop down box and if its set to
auto login on your messenger it will get rid of that as well...

Gee

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> If you are using Windows XP I beleive you can goto the Control Panel
> --> User Accounts --> Click on your Administrator Account --> In the
> upper left corner click on Manage My Network Passwords --> highlight
> their .net login (should be their MSN login) and click remove. That
> will kill it from showing up in the drop down box and if its set to
> auto login on your messenger it will get rid of that as well...

Or

Open Messenger - File - Sign out

when it does, click on: "to sign in with a different account, click here"
Type your e-mail address+Passw
Alternatively choose to "sign me in automatically" so you don't; have to
keep typing them all the time

IT Help Desk

your mate seems to have added his name by mistake into your passport. Go to
user account on yourr settings and delete the passport account and that
should put you back on track. simple really.
"Danielle Rivas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi, It is my first message on your board I hope you can help me.
> I had a friend using my computer to check his messages, msm register his
> name on my computer and I cannot get rid of it. I uninstalled msm
> messenger, re-downloalded msm , and I still have his name popping when I
> open msm, and it seems than when he open his computer, if I am on my
> computer he cannot access msm from his computer. I hope my description is
> not to confusing. I am not an expert, I just get by with the basic.
>
> Thank you for you Help
>
> Danielle

Danielle Rivas

It's working, thank you very much for all your help.
Danielle

MSM 7.5 (Messenger) under attack from Microsoft Gravydownshirt Computer Support 3 11-17-2006 08:52 PM
VJSRedist_x86.msm zt ASP .Net 0 12-18-2005 08:57 AM
_2694_ssce.msm corrupt.. darkStar_e2 ASP .Net 3 10-06-2004 06:14 PM
Messanger Question in 1.7.2 Dan C Firefox 4 08-28-2004 09:31 PM
e-mail not deliverable to MSM JERRY TALBERT Computer Support 10 03-03-2004 06:53 AM

Advertisments