Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE 6 Refuses To Store Passwords

IE 6 Refuses To Store Passwords

Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

One of our computers at work (running Win XP SP-2) refuses to save passwords
in IE6 despite having the preferences set up correctly. I've watched the
user do it several times and nothing ever is saved when they go back to the
website a few minutes later. Does anyone have a quick fix to this? MSs
Knowledge Database was of no use thanks to it "being down" again each time I
got in. When I finally did get a page of results to open, I didn't see
anything and then it went down again.

Thanks much for the help!

--
Kyle

$1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)

Ramesh Pun

Check if it is set to auto save passwords.

"Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> One of our computers at work (running Win XP SP-2) refuses to save
> passwords in IE6 despite having the preferences set up correctly. I've
> watched the user do it several times and nothing ever is saved when they
> to this? MSs Knowledge Database was of no use thanks to it "being down"
> again each time I got in. When I finally did get a page of results to
> open, I didn't see anything and then it went down again.
>
> Thanks much for the help!
>
> --
> Kyle
>
> Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of
> $1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
> obvious to the obvious. Oh, and if you must abuse or insult, don't expect
> a reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)

why?

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:10:28 -0500, Sens Fan Happy In Ohio wrote:

>One of our computers at work (running Win XP SP-2) refuses to save passwords
>in IE6 despite having the preferences set up correctly. I've watched the

Saw this months ago,

www.google.com

>Knowledge Database was of no use thanks to it "being down" again each time I

Used MS KB, found an article about "protected storage" registry entries.
(www.google.com has lots of info , pointers to the MS stuff, the
registry info [without needing MSKB] and utilities to backup protected
storage usernames/password/urls).

Did a backup of the password/forms data using a small app called
'protected storage passview', which has the registry key info in the
help file.

You *must* Edit / Select All before doing a backup, otherwise you get
only the current selected entry.

In IE did the clear forms / passwords.

Didn't work, next with the MS KB info / other info and regedt32 , found
the key for the protected storage, reset security to allow user access
to key.

In IE did the clear forms / passwords.

User could now access password sites and details were remembered.

>got in. When I finally did get a page of results to open, I didn't see
>anything and then it went down again.

You would think MS would notice if it was so difficult to use.

>Thanks much for the help!

Me

PC

"Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> One of our computers at work (running Win XP SP-2) refuses to save
> passwords in IE6 despite having the preferences set up correctly. I've
> watched the user do it several times and nothing ever is saved when they
> to this? MSs Knowledge Database was of no use thanks to it "being down"
> again each time I got in. When I finally did get a page of results to
> open, I didn't see anything and then it went down again.
>
> Thanks much for the help!
>
> --
> Kyle
>
> Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of
> $1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
> obvious to the obvious. Oh, and if you must abuse or insult, don't expect
> a reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)

Search http://support.microsoft.com for "cannot save password'

Paul.

Jim

Fire In the hole!!!
Yummy Yummy, Hack Snacks, Like you realy want to see if your Company,Isp is
going to scratch your back after the exploit is made public, I don't think
so, until they do I suggest letting someone else work on this one,
especially the legal side, I must refer you to STEVE @ C.A.R.S. EGG CARD.
Back in the day when we had to pay a full ú5 pounds for unlimeted dial up
per month we had some idea, now its even clearer, NOP can't tell you it like
this, Banks dont do IE6 Mine does, eerrrr, O sir we do do IE6 now sir,
thanks.
u Fing do now.
DUDE WHERES MY FIRE,
Truth,
You don't leave all your pin numbers for your credit cards writen down at
home in the same place with a number on all the boxes along with your name
and address date of birth and !,fi*ng B*$túrd, W&ing,

Testing,Testing one four free!.

"Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> One of our computers at work (running Win XP SP-2) refuses to save
> passwords in IE6 despite having the preferences set up correctly. I've
> watched the user do it several times and nothing ever is saved when they
> to this? MSs Knowledge Database was of no use thanks to it "being down"
> again each time I got in. When I finally did get a page of results to
> open, I didn't see anything and then it went down again.
>
> Thanks much for the help!
>
> --
> Kyle
>
> Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of
> $1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
> obvious to the obvious. Oh, and if you must abuse or insult, don't expect
> a reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)

---

sensfan_luvslisa@yahoo.ca

Checked that ... as it was my first thought too. It was.

sensfan_luvslisa@yahoo.ca

As I said, I did that. But either I'd get "database down" errors or
only one page that had nothing dealing with IE6 passwords and then the
database would error out again. That's why I was hoping someone knew
the exact article ... or at least a quick fix.

Sens Fan Happy In OH

WTF are you blabbing about?

How to store passwords? Oltmans Python 8 01-08-2009 02:56 AM
Laptop Only Uses WiFi, Refuses to Use Wired LAN When Connected M.H. Wireless Networking 15 07-25-2005 11:01 PM
to store or not to store an image =?Utf-8?B?UnVkeQ==?= ASP .Net 6 03-30-2005 05:51 AM
Installer 2.0 refuses to download drivers for wireless adapter =?Utf-8?B?UmFoamE=?= Wireless Networking 3 08-28-2004 11:16 PM
setting relative addressing in composer refuses to work ken Firefox 0 12-10-2003 07:11 PM

Advertisments