Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > best anti virus software??

best anti virus software??

the niner nation

Hi..I now have broadband internet and have decided that i need to spend a
little extra on a decent anti-vrus program.
does anyone have any suggestions??
if not, looks like Norton 2005 for me.

thanks in advance!

Toolman Tim

"the niner nation" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cplms4$762$(E-Mail Removed)...
| Hi..I now have broadband internet and have decided that i need to spend a
| little extra on a decent anti-vrus program.
| does anyone have any suggestions??
| if not, looks like Norton 2005 for me.

I use Norton. But I'd suggest Kaspersky or Panda. For real! If my Norton
wasn't already paid for, I'd switch. See the following web site for reviews:
http://www.software-antivirus.com/pr...us-review.html

Also, find a few other reviews. I'd get at least 2 or 3 more before I made
my decision.

°Mike°

Stay away from Norton and/or McAfee.

KAV (Kaspersky)
http://www.kaspersky.com/

Sophos
http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

NOD32
http://www.nod32.com/home/home.htm

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 03:32:35 -0000, in
<cplms4$762$(E-Mail Removed)>
the niner nation scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Miggsee

www.my-etrust.com

"the niner nation" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cplms4$762$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi..I now have broadband internet and have decided that i need to spend a
> little extra on a decent anti-vrus program.
> does anyone have any suggestions??
> if not, looks like Norton 2005 for me.
>

> thanks in advance!

Parko

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 03:32:35 +0000, the niner nation wrote:

> Hi..I now have broadband internet and have decided that i need to spend a
> little extra on a decent anti-vrus program.
> does anyone have any suggestions??
> if not, looks like Norton 2005 for me.
>

> thanks in advance!

http://www.linuxiso.org/
No viruses, no malware, a truckload of free software.
--
Parko
Registered Linux User #339345

Mr Spite

does everything pay programs do but it's free...

"the niner nation" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cplms4$762$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi..I now have broadband internet and have decided that i need to spend a
> little extra on a decent anti-vrus program.
> does anyone have any suggestions??
> if not, looks like Norton 2005 for me.
>

> thanks in advance!

WormWood

Don't spend anything....AVG7 is FREE. There is a 30 day trial pay
version but you don't need it.

Save your shekels; no Norton or McAfee.

This one is free for one year http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/

"the niner nation" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cplms4$762$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi..I now have broadband internet and have decided that i need to spend a
> little extra on a decent anti-vrus program.
> does anyone have any suggestions??
> if not, looks like Norton 2005 for me.
>

> thanks in advance!

Joseph McQuade Sr.

M wrote:
> This one is free for one year http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/
>
> "the niner nation" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cplms4$762$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hi..I now have broadband internet and have decided that i need to spend a
>>little extra on a decent anti-vrus program.
>>does anyone have any suggestions??
>>if not, looks like Norton 2005 for me.
>>

>>thanks in advance!

problems or anything getting past it. They have a free verison also.