Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > hotmail contacts

hotmail contacts

Malvin

is there a way of exporting all hotmail contacts to my personal address
book in windows or something so i can use the contacts in mozilla
thunderbird? cheers

°Mike°

Open your address book and click:
Tools / Synchronize Now.
Choose your Hotmail account and your contacts
will be synchronised with your address book.

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:03:29 +0000 (UTC), in
<cpklhg$299$(E-Mail Removed)>
Malvin scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Malvin

hmm thx for the tip but the synchronize now button is greyed out....

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Open your address book and click:
> Tools / Synchronize Now.
> Choose your Hotmail account and your contacts
> will be synchronised with your address book.
>

> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:03:29 +0000 (UTC), in
> <cpklhg$299$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Malvin scrawled:
>
>> is there a way of exporting all hotmail contacts to my personal address
>>book in windows or something so i can use the contacts in mozilla
>>thunderbird? cheers
>>

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Toolman Tim

Do you have your Hotmail account set up in OE? I don't think you can sync if
it's not there.

"Malvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cpl46g$nu8$(E-Mail Removed)...
| hmm thx for the tip but the synchronize now button is greyed out....
|
| "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > Open your address book and click:
| > Tools / Synchronize Now.
| > Choose your Hotmail account and your contacts
| > will be synchronised with your address book.
| >

| > On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:03:29 +0000 (UTC), in
| > <cpklhg$299$(E-Mail Removed)>
| > Malvin scrawled:
| >
| >> is there a way of exporting all hotmail contacts to my personal address
| >>book in windows or something so i can use the contacts in mozilla
| >>thunderbird? cheers
| >>

| > --
| > Basic computer maintenance
| > http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

°Mike°

Yes, as Tim said, you have to have a Hotmail account
set up in Outlook Express.

OLEXP How to Configure Outlook Express to Use Hotmail ...

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:13:36 +0000 (UTC), in
<cpl46g$nu8$(E-Mail Removed)>
Malvin scrawled:

>hmm thx for the tip but the synchronize now button is greyed out....

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Open your address book and click:
>> Tools / Synchronize Now.
>> Choose your Hotmail account and your contacts
>> will be synchronised with your address book.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Malvin

Hotmail no longer allow you to create and download to OE.

news:19rvd.2373$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you have your Hotmail account set up in OE? I don't think you can sync
> if
> it's not there.
>
> "Malvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cpl46g$nu8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | hmm thx for the tip but the synchronize now button is greyed out....
> |
> | "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | > Open your address book and click:
> | > Tools / Synchronize Now.
> | > Choose your Hotmail account and your contacts
> | > will be synchronised with your address book.
> | >

> | > On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:03:29 +0000 (UTC), in
> | > <cpklhg$299$(E-Mail Removed)>
> | > Malvin scrawled:

> address
> | >>

> | > --
> | > Basic computer maintenance
> | > http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

°Mike°

That's rubbish. I have several Hotmail accounts in OE.

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:36:45 +0000 (UTC), in
<cpmq9c$7n0$(E-Mail Removed)>
Malvin scrawled:

>Hotmail no longer allow you to create and download to OE.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Gordon

°Mike° wrote:
> That's rubbish. I have several Hotmail accounts in OE.

For the moment. Existing Hotmail accounts can still be accessed in OE, but I
think you'll find that even they are going to be phased out in a few months
or so. New ones certainly cannot be accessed via OE or Outlook unless you
pay for a premium account

Take a look here:

°Mike°

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:31:29 -0000, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Gordon scrawled:

>°Mike° wrote:
>> That's rubbish. I have several Hotmail accounts in OE.
>>

>For the moment. Existing Hotmail accounts can still be accessed in OE, but I
>think you'll find that even they are going to be phased out in a few months
>or so. New ones certainly cannot be accessed via OE or Outlook unless you
>pay for a premium account
>
>Take a look here:
>
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3697286.stm

Ok, thanks for that. I stand corrected.

--

°Mike° wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:31:29 -0000, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Gordon scrawled:
>
>> °Mike° wrote:
>>> That's rubbish. I have several Hotmail accounts in OE.
>>>

>> For the moment. Existing Hotmail accounts can still be accessed in
>> OE, but I think you'll find that even they are going to be phased
>> out in a few months or so. New ones certainly cannot be accessed via
>> OE or Outlook unless you pay for a premium account
>>
>> Take a look here:

> Ok, thanks for that. I stand corrected.

That's ok! It's not common knowledge........