Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Unable to delete folders

Unable to delete folders

Florence Bootles

Hi Can anyone help
I have many folders with mp3 files and when i try to delete or rename the
files it comes up with the message cannot delete
i have tried doing it in safe mode can anyone help
i am running Xp with service pack 2
Thanks

Leon

"Florence Bootles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hYivd.51$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Can anyone help
> I have many folders with mp3 files and when i try to delete or rename the
> files it comes up with the message cannot delete
> i have tried doing it in safe mode can anyone help
> i am running Xp with service pack 2

I simply use nero when this occurs.

Greetings Leon.

Plato

Florence Bootles wrote:

> I have many folders with mp3 files and when i try to delete or rename the
> files it comes up with the message cannot delete
> i have tried doing it in safe mode can anyone help
> i am running Xp with service pack 2

Yes safe mode is the first thing to try. Other tips here tho.
http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#8

°Mike°

How do I delete an 'undeletable' file
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del