Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > little red X in little white box

Reply
Thread Tools

little red X in little white box

 
 
Puzzled
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2004
All of a sudden my computer isn't displaying gif files. I get that little
white box with the red X in it. What have I done to create this problem
and how do I un-do it? Thanks.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2004
Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=283807

How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=263070

Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=223050

Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...01100915311136


On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 11:50:10 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Puzzled scrawled:

>All of a sudden my computer isn't displaying gif files. I get that little
>white box with the red X in it. What have I done to create this problem
>and how do I un-do it? Thanks.
>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Cassie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2004
Mike, you are definitely one of the best resources on the internet
Many thanks!
>

"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=283807
>
> How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=263070
>
> Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=223050
>
> Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
> http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm
>
> Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
> http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif
>
> Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...01100915311136
>
>
> On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 11:50:10 -0500, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Puzzled scrawled:
>
>>All of a sudden my computer isn't displaying gif files. I get that
>>little
>>white box with the red X in it. What have I done to create this problem
>>and how do I un-do it? Thanks.
>>

>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance
> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html



 
Reply With Quote
 
Richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2004
Puzzled wrote:

> All of a sudden my computer isn't displaying gif files. I get that little
> white box with the red X in it. What have I done to create this problem
> and how do I un-do it? Thanks.


Try right clicking on a gif file, then select "open with".
Check the box at the bottom, choose the program.

In older versions of windows, hold the shift key down while right clicking.

You may have removed the associated program.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Cassie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2004
"Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Puzzled wrote:
>
> > All of a sudden my computer isn't displaying gif files. I get that
> > little
> > white box with the red X in it. What have I done to create this
> > problem
> > and how do I un-do it? Thanks.

>
> Try right clicking on a gif file, then select "open with".
> Check the box at the bottom, choose the program.
>
> In older versions of windows, hold the shift key down while right
> clicking.
>
> You may have removed the associated program.
>

Thanks, Richard, but I'm not in any program - just searching for clipart
for a business card.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2004
Cassie wrote:

> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...


>> Puzzled wrote:


>> > All of a sudden my computer isn't displaying gif files. I get that
>> > little
>> > white box with the red X in it. What have I done to create this
>> > problem
>> > and how do I un-do it? Thanks.


>> Try right clicking on a gif file, then select "open with".
>> Check the box at the bottom, choose the program.


>> In older versions of windows, hold the shift key down while right
>> clicking.


>> You may have removed the associated program.


> Thanks, Richard, but I'm not in any program - just searching for clipart
> for a business card.


How are you doing that without being "in any program"? Magic?

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2004
Oh, I doubt that, but thanks for the compliment, anyway.


On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:58:07 -0500, in
<gJ%ud.202$(E-Mail Removed)>
Cassie scrawled:

>Mike, you are definitely one of the best resources on the internet
>Many thanks!


<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Duck ducking
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-13-2004
On 12 Dec 2004 21:51:07 GMT, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>
>How are you doing that without being "in any program"? Magic?

Maybe thats why he can't see any gifs.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-13-2004
Duck ducking wrote:

> On 12 Dec 2004 21:51:07 GMT, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:


>>How are you doing that without being "in any program"? Magic?


> Maybe thats why he can't see any gifs.


That'd do it.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1 little 2 little 3 little Kennedys dale Digital Photography 0 03-23-2008 01:03 PM
little white boxes with a red x McWideGlide Computer Support 3 08-30-2005 04:36 AM
The littel white box with the red x Brad Conway Computer Support 3 05-08-2005 12:55 AM
Datawrite Red (V3) Red - DVD-R's Alex B Computer Support 3 07-16-2004 12:08 AM
The little red box instead of the document I wanted to copy Anne Microsoft Certification 0 12-01-2003 06:36 PM



Advertisments