Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > nero burning

nero burning

john marsden

hi
every time i try to burn a disk on nero, it gets half way through,
then fails,with the message ( failed, focus or track error ) windows 2000,
burning on cd-r at 40x no previous problems, anybody help.
thank you
john marsden.

^^artnada^^

john marsden wrote:
|| hi
|| every time i try to burn a disk on nero, it gets half way through,
|| then fails,with the message ( failed, focus or track error ) windows
2000,
|| burning on cd-r at 40x no previous problems, anybody help.
|| thank you
|| john marsden.

crap media?
busted writer?
try slower speed?

Jerry G.

This may be due to a defective CD drive. It is possible that you are also
trying to burn the disk too fast for the media characteristics being used.

Sometimes one drive will do slightly better on one media than another
compared to another drive of the same type. This has to do with the actual
mechanical and calibration tolerance of the drive itself.

If you want to really verify your problem, you should swap out the drive for
another to verify the performance of the drive. If your present drive is too
old, you may have to put in the newer software that comes with the drive. In
this case, another variable will be introduced. But, in your case, I am
thinking more along the fact that the drive is not as good as it should be.

--

Jerry G.
======

"john marsden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:v8zud.7$(E-Mail Removed)...
hi
every time i try to burn a disk on nero, it gets half way through,
then fails,with the message ( failed, focus or track error ) windows 2000,
burning on cd-r at 40x no previous problems, anybody help.
thank you
john marsden.

Plato

john marsden wrote:

> every time i try to burn a disk on nero, it gets half way through,
> then fails,with the message ( failed, focus or track error ) windows 2000,
> burning on cd-r at 40x no previous problems, anybody help.

Try a slower speed and/or stop all your 49 background apps before you
burn.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/