Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Installing an oldr OS?

Installing an oldr OS?

Dan

Have Xp Home. Made a partition for XP Pro. Home wont let me install Pro,
cause Home is a newer system. Any advice appreciated.

Toolman Tim

| Have Xp Home. Made a partition for XP Pro. Home wont let me install Pro,
| cause Home is a newer system. Any advice appreciated.

Boot from the XP Pro CD and do the install, not from a running copy of XP
home.

Dan

Thank-you, sir.
news:ROrud.7387$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | Have Xp Home. Made a partition for XP Pro. Home wont let me install Pro,
> | cause Home is a newer system. Any advice appreciated.
> |
> Boot from the XP Pro CD and do the install, not from a running copy of XP
> home.

Toolman Tim

You betcha!

| Thank-you, sir.
| "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:ROrud.7387$(E-Mail Removed)...
| >
| > "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > | Have Xp Home. Made a partition for XP Pro. Home wont let me install
Pro,
| > | cause Home is a newer system. Any advice appreciated.
| > |