Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > windows update problem...

windows update problem...

T.B.

performed some windows updates this morning on a W2K Pro machine and after
rebooting, went back to the WUpdate site to finish them off. When I got
there, the page sort of hung and I got the following error:

The Windows Update site has not finished loading. To continue waiting Click
OK To prompt Windows update site to load again select cancel. I tried
both and it just gets stuck in a loop.

So I went into Control Panel>>Add/Remove Programs to try and repair IE but
all of the entries in the list were corrupted as well. Only the icon for
each App. showed, with no text description and/or button to do anything
with. The list of Apps. went on forever too.

I also noticed that when I go into IE to say google, I can't click the
cursor into the text search box. This is on all pages, not just google. I
can click links with the mouse and surf that way, but cannot enter any text
into webform dialog boxes, etc.

What do I do to get things back to normal? Uninstall each Windows Update
from it's respective folder in C:\WINNT? Has anyone else experienced this
weird behavior?

thanks

TB

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:26:55 -0600, "T.B." <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

|> I also noticed that when I go into IE to say google, I can't click the
|> cursor into the text search box. This is on all pages, not just google. I
|> can click links with the mouse and surf that way, but cannot enter any text
|> into webform dialog boxes, etc.

You can hit the TAB key to move around in a web page. I just hope you
can enter text.

|> What do I do to get things back to normal?

Hopefully google will turn up something.

T.B.

google turned up nothing. that's why i came here.

TB

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:26:55 -0600, "T.B." <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> |> I also noticed that when I go into IE to say google, I can't click the
> |> cursor into the text search box. This is on all pages, not just

google. I
> |> can click links with the mouse and surf that way, but cannot enter any

text
> |> into webform dialog boxes, etc.
>
> You can hit the TAB key to move around in a web page. I just hope you
> can enter text.
>
> |> What do I do to get things back to normal?
>
> Hopefully google will turn up something.

T.B.

had to reinstall windows. Recovery Console Repair did not work.

TB