Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win 98Se - Find Files in Win Explorer

Win 98Se - Find Files in Win Explorer

awfullynice

I have recently developed a problem with "Find Files" in
Windows 98Se.

The results box shows nothing other than the total number
of files found, when displaying in "View Details" mode. In
other view modes (List, Icons etc) you can see the file names
and all is fine.

Any thoughts please?

PS
A reload of Win 98Se from cd made no difference.

Ingeborg

"awfullynice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:41b838a6$0
$23018$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have recently developed a problem with "Find Files" in
> Windows 98Se.
>
> The results box shows nothing other than the total number
> of files found, when displaying in "View Details" mode. In
> other view modes (List, Icons etc) you can see the file names
> and all is fine.
>
> Any thoughts please?
>
> PS
> A reload of Win 98Se from cd made no difference.

Maybe you have columns with width of 0. Move your mouse to the left of the
columnheader. When the mousepointer becomes a double vertical line with two
horizontal arrows, push the mosue button and move to the right.

awfullynice

Brilliant Ingeborg!

Thanks.

All the columns were forced to the left and are now in a strange order.
I just need to drag them into the correct order and I'm back in business!

Cheers.