Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Task Bar - Tool Bars How to Remove

Task Bar - Tool Bars How to Remove

The Old Goat

I have five (5) Tool Bars on my Task Bar. Can anyone tell me how to
permanently remove one or all of them.

Thanks
The old Goat

Mellowed

Try going to an unused space in the Task Bar, maybe the far right portion.
Right Click. You'll get a popup menu. Click on Toolbars. Uncheck the
one's you want to eliminate.

"The Old Goat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have five (5) Tool Bars on my Task Bar. Can anyone tell me how to
> permanently remove one or all of them.
>
> Thanks
> The old Goat

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

The Old Goat wrote:
> I have five (5) Tool Bars on my Task Bar. Can anyone tell me how to
> permanently remove one or all of them.
>
> Thanks
> The old Goat

Are they from other companies? Any "search assistant" type stuff?

The Old Goat

Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:HfWdnZu2EZtASCrcRVn-

> The Old Goat wrote:
>> I have five (5) Tool Bars on my Task Bar. Can anyone tell me how to
>> permanently remove one or all of them.
>>
>> Thanks
>> The old Goat

> Are they from other companies? Any "search assistant" type stuff?

No they are all home grown, they really are Folders from my Start menu.

The Old Goat

The Old Goat

[posted and mailed]

"Mellowed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:SuQtd.11926$(E-Mail Removed) link.net:

> Try going to an unused space in the Task Bar, maybe the far right
> portion. Right Click. You'll get a popup menu. Click on Toolbars.
> Uncheck the one's you want to eliminate.
>

> "The Old Goat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>I have five (5) Tool Bars on my Task Bar. Can anyone tell me how to
>> permanently remove one or all of them.
>>
>> Thanks
>> The old Goat

That removes the Tool Bar untill I reboot and there is the Tool Bar back
again.

The Old Goat

David Hemingsley

go to add or remove programmes and you should find them in there and just
click remove then reboot your machine once they are all removed

then abra cadabra

THEY ARE ALL GONE WHEN YOU REBOOT
"The Old Goat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have five (5) Tool Bars on my Task Bar. Can anyone tell me how to
> permanently remove one or all of them.
>
> Thanks
> The old Goat

The Old Goat

[posted and mailed]

"David Hemingsley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:cp93cl$mof$(E-Mail Removed):

> go to add or remove programmes and you should find them in there and
> just click remove then reboot your machine once they are all removed
>
> then abra cadabra
>
> THEY ARE ALL GONE WHEN YOU REBOOT
> "The Old Goat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>I have five (5) Tool Bars on my Task Bar. Can anyone tell me how to
>> permanently remove one or all of them.
>>
>> Thanks
>> The old Goat

Thanks David, but that will not work. These Tol Bars are not Programs but
Folders in my Start - All Programs Folder.

The Old Goat

Pat

paint over them
"The Old Goat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have five (5) Tool Bars on my Task Bar. Can anyone tell me how to
> permanently remove one or all of them.
>
> Thanks
> The old Goat

dadiOH

The Old Goat wrote:
> [posted and mailed]
>
> "Mellowed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:SuQtd.11926$(E-Mail Removed) link.net:
>
>> Try going to an unused space in the Task Bar, maybe the far right
>> portion. Right Click. You'll get a popup menu. Click on Toolbars.
>> Uncheck the one's you want to eliminate.
>>

>> "The Old Goat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> I have five (5) Tool Bars on my Task Bar. Can anyone tell me how to
>>> permanently remove one or all of them.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> The old Goat

> That removes the Tool Bar untill I reboot and there is the Tool Bar
> back again.

Assuming you shut down properly, that should have removed them. The
fact that it did not indicates that Windows is buggered in some
way...you might run SFC to see if it finds missing or screwed up files -
which it will pluck off your Windows Cd and replace if you choose.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

Pat

"The Old Goat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have five (5) Tool Bars on my Task Bar. Can anyone tell me how to
> permanently remove one or all of them.
>
> Thanks
> The old Goat

Try EasyCleaner 2.0..... http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/
It helps clean out your Start-up files and all other stuff