Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ok Gurus, I'm looking to purchase a new DVD burner... Lacie or Plextor? ... Hows there support also?

Ok Gurus, I'm looking to purchase a new DVD burner... Lacie or Plextor? ... Hows there support also?

zZz

Ok Gurus, I'm looking to purchase a new DVD burner... Lacie or
Plextor? ... Hows there support also?

I hope that I'm not off topic here. Where else could I ask this?
If not here, I apologize and this string will end immediately

DD

Dennis Turner

zZz wrote:
> Ok Gurus, I'm looking to purchase a new DVD burner... Lacie or
> Plextor? ... Hows there support also?
>

> I hope that I'm not off topic here. Where else could I ask this?
> If not here, I apologize and this string will end immediately
>

> DD

Burners are basically generic & disposable these days. Buy whatever's
priced lowest.

Toolman Tim

"zZz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Ok Gurus, I'm looking to purchase a new DVD burner... Lacie or
| Plextor? ... Hows there support also?
|

| I hope that I'm not off topic here. Where else could I ask this?
| If not here, I apologize and this string will end immediately

"NOTHING" is off topic here <g>

If the price is good, buy it. I'm not a big fan of "brand names", but I will
say that Plextor has always been one of the leading edge developers of CD
equipment. I doubt you could go wrong with that.

On the other hand, there's been an NEC dual layer drive discussed lately
that seems to be getting good reviews. But dual layer technology is rather
new, and so the debate is raging as to whether it is a good idea to go dual
layer now, or "wait for the dust to settle".

sethra

zZz wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Ok Gurus, I'm looking to purchase a new DVD burner... Lacie or
> Plextor? ... Hows there support also?
>

> I hope that I'm not off topic here. Where else could I ask this?
> If not here, I apologize and this string will end immediately

You should be able to find reviews and information on this web site or in
their forums:

http://www.cdfreaks.com/

--
~sethra

zZz

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 21:33:48 -0600, sethra <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>zZz wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Ok Gurus, I'm looking to purchase a new DVD burner... Lacie or
>> Plextor? ... Hows there support also?
>>

>> I hope that I'm not off topic here. Where else could I ask this?
>> If not here, I apologize and this string will end immediately

>You should be able to find reviews and information on this web site or in
>their forums:
>
>http://www.cdfreaks.com/

Thanks, Now thats more like it

zZz

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 18:51:19 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"zZz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>| Ok Gurus, I'm looking to purchase a new DVD burner... Lacie or
>| Plextor? ... Hows there support also?
>|

>| I hope that I'm not off topic here. Where else could I ask this?
>| If not here, I apologize and this string will end immediately
>|
> "NOTHING" is off topic here <g>
>
>If the price is good, buy it. I'm not a big fan of "brand names", but I will
>say that Plextor has always been one of the leading edge developers of CD
>equipment. I doubt you could go wrong with that.
>
>On the other hand, there's been an NEC dual layer drive discussed lately
>that seems to be getting good reviews. But dual layer technology is rather
>new, and so the debate is raging as to whether it is a good idea to go dual
>layer now, or "wait for the dust to settle".

Thanks, I'm gonna look into the NEC and see what the rage is.

Appreciated.