Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > New Program Not Listed In START/ALL PROGRAMS: Why Not ?

New Program Not Listed In START/ALL PROGRAMS: Why Not ?

Robert11

Hello:

Brand new XP user.

I installed a small program which put a shortcut on the desktop.
Works fine.

The program is also listed in Windows Explorer under C:\Program Files, like
it should be.

But, it is not listed when I go to the START button, and then ALL Programs.
I also tried hitting F5, but no change.

-Why might it not be listed there, with all the other programs ?

-How do I get it to be listed (or at least the shortcut to it) ?

Thanks,
B.

why?

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:10:31 -0500, Robert11 wrote:

>Hello:
>
>Brand new XP user.
>
>I installed a small program which put a shortcut on the desktop.

The program is called? It's download / support URI is?

>Works fine.
>
>The program is also listed in Windows Explorer under C:\Program Files, like
>it should be.
>
>But, it is not listed when I go to the START button, and then ALL Programs.
>I also tried hitting F5, but no change.
>
>-Why might it not be listed there, with all the other programs ?
>
>-How do I get it to be listed (or at least the shortcut to it) ?

If it's in C:\Program Files\<some directory>\<program name> right click
on the program and select Create Shortcut.

Then put the shortcut where you want.

Sine you say it's not in ALL Programs, select the shortcut you created ,
right click , copy. Right click on the Start button, Explore , navigate
to All Users / Start Menu / Programs and drop the shortcut there.

If that's a lot of mince, www.google.com for something like

create shortcut in all users programs

and try the MS article

Some Programs May Not Create Shortcuts for All of the Fast User ...
.... program, however, may work if a shortcut is created for it. ... The
following programs
are known not to create shortcuts for all ... Microsoft Windows XP Home
Edition. ...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301494 - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

Me

ImhoTech

"Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello:
>
> Brand new XP user.
>
> I installed a small program which put a shortcut on the desktop.
> Works fine.
>
> The program is also listed in Windows Explorer under C:\Program Files,
> like it should be.
>
> But, it is not listed when I go to the START button, and then ALL
> Programs.
> I also tried hitting F5, but no change.
>
> -Why might it not be listed there, with all the other programs ?
>
> -How do I get it to be listed (or at least the shortcut to it) ?
>
> Thanks,
> B.

CHRIST! You start by naming the program numbnuts! Sheesh.

°Mike°

Drag the shortcut on the desktop to the Start/Programs
menu, and place it where you like.

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:10:31 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Robert11 scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

El Rossi

"ImhoTech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in frenzy of gak fuelled meyhem
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello:
>>
>> Brand new XP user.
>>
>> I installed a small program which put a shortcut on the desktop.
>> Works fine.
>>
>> The program is also listed in Windows Explorer under C:\Program Files,
>> like it should be.
>>
>> But, it is not listed when I go to the START button, and then ALL
>> Programs.
>> I also tried hitting F5, but no change.
>>
>> -Why might it not be listed there, with all the other programs ?
>>
>> -How do I get it to be listed (or at least the shortcut to it) ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> B.

> CHRIST! You start by naming the program numbnuts! Sheesh.

How does calling the program numbnuts help?

Surely youd want it called the name of the program.

Or do you do this will all your programs?

Your currently using scroatal express running of ballsack Home?