Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Re: Newbie Help

Re: Newbie Help

Alex Gibson

"sunil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi All,
> I am newbie to FPGA. Could some one please suggest me a good
> book on FPGA that deals with important FPGA concepts like Floor
> Planning, Place and Route, Timing Analysis. I would also like to know
> where I can get a FPGA tool kit. I have Orcad Aldec simulation
> software but don't have any synthesizer software. Do anyone know how
> to obtain Xilinx (4.2i)synthesizer? I mean what are some of the
> synthesizer softwares and where do I download/get them?
> Thanks,
> Regards,
> Sunil.

look for xilinx webpack (you will have to register first)
http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xil_prodc...le=ISE+WebPack

look at the xilinx cpld and fpga application notes and reference designs

cheaper fpga boards
digilentinc www.digilentinc.com
xess www.xess.com

see http://www.optimagic.com/
for more resources, faqs, books, boards etc

Alex