Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Difficulty accessing a chat line.

Difficulty accessing a chat line.

Alasdair Baxter

I visit a particular website which has a chat room facilty. When I
double click on "chat", I get a message in the bottom left hand
corner of my IE screen saying "Applet Java User notinited". Later it
changes to "Loading Java Applet Failed".

What can I do about this please?
--

Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

"It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

samuel

Alasdair Baxter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I visit a particular website which has a chat room facilty.
> When I double click on "chat", I get a message in the bottom
> left hand corner of my IE screen saying "Applet Java User
> notinited". Later it changes to "Loading Java Applet Failed".
>
> What can I do about this please?

install java ?

www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Richard

Alasdair Baxter wrote:

> I visit a particular website which has a chat room facilty. When I
> double click on "chat", I get a message in the bottom left hand
> corner of my IE screen saying "Applet Java User notinited". Later it
> changes to "Loading Java Applet Failed".

> What can I do about this please?
> --

Clean out your temp internet files and try again.
Could also be a problem on the server end.

Dan

Do you have any service packs installed? I remember the same type of problem
once. Needed service pack one installed.
"Alasdair Baxter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I visit a particular website which has a chat room facilty. When I
> double click on "chat", I get a message in the bottom left hand
> corner of my IE screen saying "Applet Java User notinited". Later it
> changes to "Loading Java Applet Failed".
>
> What can I do about this please?
> --
>
> Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263
>
> "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
> It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

Alasdair Baxter

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 04:50:28 GMT, "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Do you have any service packs installed? I remember the same type of problem
>once. Needed service pack one installed.

I run W2K and have all the service packs installed.