Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dual-boot - how to boot old XP-partition in FAT on NTFS partition next to Win XP ?

Dual-boot - how to boot old XP-partition in FAT on NTFS partition next to Win XP ?

Dutch Treat

I crashed a laptop, bought a new one, copied the old partition next to the XP
partition on the new laptop and expected with use of Partition Magic and System
Commander to be able to boot form both. Not !

Partition Magic will make any partition active. At that moment I saw that the
old partition of the old laptop was not in NTFS, but in FAT. I do not have any
experience this being a problem so I hoped both to come up in the menu of
System Commander when rebooting. Not !

There were two choices and tried both. When I thought I was choosing for the
old partition (it was not automatically recognized and presented as old XP
under FAT) it gave some error message like " autocheck " (or something like
that), rebooted itself and restarted the new partition as boot. Nothing I could
do to boot from the old partition.

Anyone who has a explanation and solution to this?

Thanks in advance for any help!