Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Really Stupid Question about OE

Really Stupid Question about OE

KC

I don't like it, firstly, but sometimes I HAVE to use it. Anyway, I
recently had a re-format from 98SE to XPProSP2 and from all I heard
beforehand OE6 would give me a hassle about opening attachments. Well, my
problem is that mine automatically opens them even though I have the
security settings box checked to not let me. I don't use the preview pane
and 'supposedly' Norton2003 (updated) checks these anyway but I would
prefer to manually deal with each attachment as it comes. Funny that with my
old system I had to tell it 2 or 3 times to open----what am I missing?

Custom built AMD1700/512mbRAM/XPProSP2/56kdailup(sigh)/not networked

Thank you all for any help....
KC

docmill

"KC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I don't like it, firstly, but sometimes I HAVE to use it. Anyway, I
> recently had a re-format from 98SE to XPProSP2 and from all I heard
> beforehand OE6 would give me a hassle about opening attachments.
> Well, my problem is that mine automatically opens them even though I
> have the security settings box checked to not let me. I don't use the
> preview pane and 'supposedly' Norton2003 (updated) checks these
> anyway but I would prefer to manually deal with each attachment as it
> comes. Funny that with my old system I had to tell it 2 or 3 times to
> open----what am I missing?
>
> Custom built AMD1700/512mbRAM/XPProSP2/56kdailup(sigh)/not networked
>
> Thank you all for any help....
> KC

From a group of ???'s

In IE6....Start >>> Settings>>>Folder options>>>file
types>>>edit>>>check
"confirm open after download" which will deny access to
the particular file
type and from being saved etc.....uncheck to allow access
to that file type
and those attachments with that particular file type and
it will come thru
as a normal attachment with full access.....you can also
add new file types
if you wish

--

stupid, STUPID question! rincewind HTML 25 05-08-2009 01:07 PM
stupid question...waiting for a stupid answer Brandon McCombs Java 4 08-28-2006 06:57 PM
stupid stupid stupid kpg MCSE 17 11-26-2004 02:59 PM
Stupid is as Stupid Does! Michael P Gabriel Digital Photography 3 06-26-2004 12:49 PM

Advertisments