Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Re: ModelSim 5.7 and xilinx libraries

Re: ModelSim 5.7 and xilinx libraries

David Bishop

The SIMPRIM and UNISIM libraries are easy, there are only a few files.
Just remember to compile the component packages last.

The Xilinx core libraries are something else. There is a compilation
order file inside the IP directory. I have a little script that compiles
these files, if you need it drop me a line.

--
NAME: David W. Bishop INTERNET: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) ( \ )
US MAIL: Hilton NY A Long time ago, \__\/

Tim Hubberstey

David Bishop wrote:

> The SIMPRIM and UNISIM libraries are easy, there are only a few files.
> Just remember to compile the component packages last.
>
> The Xilinx core libraries are something else. There is a compilation
> order file inside the IP directory. I have a little script that compiles
> these files, if you need it drop me a line.
>
> Thomas wrote:
> >
> > How do you recompile the libraries for ModelSim 5.7? all the libs I found
> > at for 5.6
> >
> > I tried to ask modelsim to rebuild them, but there are lots of errors.
> > I tried the tcl script on xilinx's ftp, as a result it goes for a while and
> > then modelsim just crashes and quits...

The 5.x Xilinx tools include a utility called 'compxlib' for doing this.
I don't know if it is available in the WebPak or only in the full ISE
tools.

http://toolbox.xilinx.com/docsan/xil...im0055_10.html