Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > e-mail address

e-mail address

frank moon

when i supply my address i get told to use a recognized address. what should
i do

DC

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

It's not the software that's free; it's you.

Old Gringo

frank moon wrote:
> when i supply my address i get told to use a recognized address. what should
> i do

Call all of your friends that you normally will be emailing and tell
them you posted your email address on the news group so you can
receive spam email. Then tell them you will not be emailing them as
you don't have a clue as to how it's done. Then check the
configuration of your email client as mistakes are easily made.

--
Old Gringo George
Just West Of Nowhere

Mike Easter

frank moon wrote:

> when i supply my address i get told to use a recognized address. what
> should i do

Sometimes it is fun to guess at what the question is and sometimes it
isn't.

If what you mean is that if you configure your news account in OE by
supplying a bogus address in your From such as frank@invalid which has a
username + @ + a single 'field' without a dot for the domainname instead
of something like http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid making a correct domainname
syntax-- then it is possible to get an alert from OE based on the server
not liking that address syntax

Server Response: '441 Posting Failed ("From" Header not in Internet
Syntax.)'

If that /were/ the question, then the answer would be to create a From
with the correct syntax, such as the example I gave.

--
Mike Easter

trout

frank moon wrote:

> when i supply my address i get told to use a recognized address. what
> should i do

Hey, why not? I'll guess, too. Maybe it's *how* you're writing it.
Sometimes people will cut and paste an address, and not notice that
there's a 'space' at the end or beginning of what they've pasted.
Or maybe the place that's asking for your address just happens to
not 'recognize' an address that uses numerals, like the one you have,
here. Not likely, but....
--
"Not much to go on."