Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > disabling windows xp

disabling windows xp

Nick Laurie

I'm going away for a few days and want to disable my PC (win XP Home) in a
way that doesn't look too obvious. Any ideas.
Exclude: removing hdd, fdisk, taking the keyboard away ... something a bit
more subtle would be good!

bignik

SuperStud

"Nick Laurie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cov3pp$57s$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm going away for a few days and want to disable my PC (win XP Home) in a
> way that doesn't look too obvious. Any ideas.
> Exclude: removing hdd, fdisk, taking the keyboard away ... something a bit
> more subtle would be good!
>
> bignik

Apply a password to your user account and delete all other accounts. Make
sure your user account is the admin one.

<<SS>>

tutsi

what if you rename a key file.

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 13:51:53 +0000 (UTC), "Nick Laurie"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm going away for a few days and want to disable my PC (win XP Home) in a
>way that doesn't look too obvious. Any ideas.
>Exclude: removing hdd, fdisk, taking the keyboard away ... something a bit
>more subtle would be good!
>
>bignik

The Old Sourdough

On 05 Dec 2004, Nick Laurie scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I'm going away for a few days and want to disable my PC (win XP
> Home) in a way that doesn't look too obvious. Any ideas.
> Exclude: removing hdd, fdisk, taking the keyboard away ...
> something a bit more subtle would be good!
>
> bignik

Set a BIOS password.

--
The Old Sourdough