Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Pc closes when surfing

Pc closes when surfing

philo

Tommy-gun wrote:
> A friend of mine was having problems with his computer.When he opens up his
> browser which is Explorer and starts surfing, the computer closes down and
> restarts.
> I have checked it for viruses and worms.There were none found. So i
> reformatted his computer and installed Windows xp pro,Nortons anti virus
> 2005,Ad watch and popup stopper pro on it. I gave him the pc back and it
> still closes down.Sometimes as soon as he opens the browser sometimes after
> a few minutes.
> Any idea what may be causing this.

try different RAM

Tommy-gun

A friend of mine was having problems with his computer.When he opens up his
browser which is Explorer and starts surfing, the computer closes down and
restarts.
I have checked it for viruses and worms.There were none found. So i
reformatted his computer and installed Windows xp pro,Nortons anti virus
2005,Ad watch and popup stopper pro on it. I gave him the pc back and it
still closes down.Sometimes as soon as he opens the browser sometimes after
a few minutes.
Any idea what may be causing this.

°Mike°

You probably need to patch the PC for the Blaster/Sasser
worm BEFORE you go online.

Windows RPC DCOM Buffer Overflow Remote Exploit (MS03-026)
http://www.k-otik.com/exploits/07.25.winrpcdcom.c.php

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-011
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS04-011.mspx

What you should know about the Blaster worm

What You Should Know About the Sasser Worm and It Variants
http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.asp

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 10:24:41 GMT, in
<JlBsd.80628$(E-Mail Removed)>
Tommy-gun scrawled: