Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Missing pictures

Missing pictures

jason.p

After adding photos to a CD with a hundred or so pictures on it using Nero
Express as a multi-session, I now find I can only access the new ones, and
none of the originals. As I'm not using a rewritable CD, is it possible I
have deleted them, or can you suggest how I could get them back. I have
tried on different CD players with no success. I am using XP-Home.
Many thanks in advance.

Valverdez

"jason.p" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> After adding photos to a CD with a hundred or so pictures on it using Nero
> Express as a multi-session, I now find I can only access the new ones, and
> none of the originals. As I'm not using a rewritable CD, is it possible I
> have deleted them, or can you suggest how I could get them back. I have
> tried on different CD players with no success. I am using XP-Home.
> Many thanks in advance.

Sounds to me that you didn't close the session after burning the finale
files. Your comment "I have tried on different CD players with no success"
sounds about right. You burned in mulit-session so you left the session
open, did you remember to close the session after your finale additions? If
not, regular CD Rom's will not read the old session, may not even, in some
cases, read the new. But it sounds like you just didn't close the session,
try that, should work fine after that.

Valverde

Eli Aran

there is a prog called
"Bad cd repair pro" v.2.1
it claims to be able to read bad cd's (including scratched/badly burnt ones)
try it
another option is a file recovery program such as "Handy Recovery" or "PC
Inspector" (both are free BTW)
they go bit by bit and recover the data available of all files including
deleted ones for examle by emptying the recycle bin or because of virii
damage...
they enable you to restore the files (in whatever state they are) to a
specified location and you can select which files to restore and which not
to.

"jason.p" <(E-Mail Removed)> כתב
בהודעה:(E-Mail Removed)...
> After adding photos to a CD with a hundred or so pictures on it using Nero
> Express as a multi-session, I now find I can only access the new ones, and
> none of the originals. As I'm not using a rewritable CD, is it possible I
> have deleted them, or can you suggest how I could get them back. I have
> tried on different CD players with no success. I am using XP-Home.
> Many thanks in advance.

Jack Miller

jason.p wrote:
> After adding photos to a CD with a hundred or so pictures on it using Nero
> Express as a multi-session, I now find I can only access the new ones, and
> none of the originals. As I'm not using a rewritable CD, is it possible I
> have deleted them, or can you suggest how I could get them back. I have
> tried on different CD players with no success. I am using XP-Home.
> Many thanks in advance.

I don't think that windows likes multi-session disks. Infact, I'm pretty
sure that it hates them. If only your latest session of photographs
mounts; try putting the disk in another computer, running a non-M$
operating system, and then burn them all onto a single session disk.

Hope that helps!

The Old Sourdough

On 05 Dec 2004, Jack Miller scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> jason.p wrote:
>> After adding photos to a CD with a hundred or so pictures on it
>> using Nero Express as a multi-session, I now find I can only
>> access the new ones, and none of the originals. As I'm not using
>> a rewritable CD, is it possible I have deleted them, or can you
>> suggest how I could get them back. I have tried on different CD
>> players with no success. I am using XP-Home. Many thanks in
>> advance.
>>

> I don't think that windows likes multi-session disks. Infact, I'm
> pretty sure that it hates them. If only your latest session of
> photographs mounts; try putting the disk in another computer,
> running a non-M$ operating system, and then burn them all onto a
> single session disk.
>
> Hope that helps!

Hogwash, malarkey, and balderdash! (Sorry, Ron.)

--
The Old Sourdough
BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life

The Old Sourdough

On 04 Dec 2004, jason.p scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> After adding photos to a CD with a hundred or so pictures on it
> using Nero Express as a multi-session, I now find I can only
> access the new ones, and none of the originals. As I'm not using a
> rewritable CD, is it possible I have deleted them, or can you
> suggest how I could get them back. I have tried on different CD
> players with no success. I am using XP-Home. Many thanks in
> advance.

Until you finalize the CD, you'll have to use Nero to see what's on
it. Read the Help on creating and continuing a multi-session CD. Use
the Nero Multi Mounter to see what you have.You can see all the volumes
on the disk.

--
The Old Sourdough
BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life