Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Analogue V DVI display quality

Analogue V DVI display quality

xxxxxxxxxx

Hi

I have a LCD monitor with both Analogue & Dvi inputs. I use it curently with
an Nvidia 440MX AGP card and analogue cable. Would the picture quality be
improved on my monitor if I changed to a new video card and connected to the
monitor by a Dvi cable ?

Any advice on this and choosing a suitable card would be most helpful.

Jas

Dennis Turner

xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a LCD monitor with both Analogue & Dvi inputs. I use it curently with
> an Nvidia 440MX AGP card and analogue cable. Would the picture quality be
> improved on my monitor if I changed to a new video card and connected to the
> monitor by a Dvi cable ?
>
> Any advice on this and choosing a suitable card would be most helpful.
>
> Jas

Theoretically the image should be better with a digital output .. . but
the difference is not really noticeable for most people. The main
benefit of a newer card would be more RAM and a faster GPU.

Pete Angelakos

My Hitachi LCD and ATI video card both have DVI & analog connections. I
purchased this hardware thinking the DVI would be "better". I have had both
about a year and have connected them both ways several times. I cannot see
any difference. At one time, Hitachi had some information on their website
stating that most people would not be able to tell the difference between
digital & analog. I should have listened.
Hope this helps.
Pete

news:41b1f93e$0$50903$(E-Mail Removed)...