Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Need Information

Need Information

Alvin Ray Black

My Original computer came with Microsoft millennium
installd. Recently I changed to Microsoft Windows XP
Home addition.However hv been having some recent
problems and was told to reboot windows, Is there someway you cam cxlick on
some keys of the keyboard
to perform the booting?

SgtMinor

Alvin Ray Black wrote:

> My Original computer came with Microsoft millennium
> installd. Recently I changed to Microsoft Windows XP
> Home addition.However hv been having some recent
> problems and was told to reboot windows, Is there someway you cam cxlick on
> some keys of the keyboard
> to perform the booting?

Rebooting will not solve your problem unless your computer has been
running for a month. Rebooting just means restarting the machine.

If you were told to do a "repair installation" of XP, look here:

and here:
http://www.theeldergeek.com/repairing_windows_xp.htm

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

SgtMinor wrote:

> Alvin Ray Black wrote:
>
>> My Original computer came with Microsoft millennium
>> installd. Recently I changed to Microsoft Windows XP
>> Home addition.However hv been having some recent
>> problems and was told to reboot windows, Is there someway you cam
>> cxlick on some keys of the keyboard
>> to perform the booting?
>>

> Rebooting will not solve your problem unless your computer has been
> running for a month. Rebooting just means restarting the machine.
>
> If you were told to do a "repair installation" of XP, look here:
>
> and here:
> http://www.theeldergeek.com/repairing_windows_xp.htm

I checked the guy's headers to see if maybe he was a neighbor of mine. I
hear people in this area using the term "reboot" to say "reinstalling
Windows". And the funny box with all the wires coming out of it is the
"modem", "hard disk" or even "modium" (my favorite). But his ISP doesn't
serve my area.

SgtMinor

Rgr wrote:

> SgtMinor wrote:
>
>> Alvin Ray Black wrote:
>>
>>> My Original computer came with Microsoft millennium
>>> installd. Recently I changed to Microsoft Windows XP
>>> Home addition.However hv been having some recent
>>> problems and was told to reboot windows, Is there someway you cam
>>> cxlick on some keys of the keyboard
>>> to perform the booting?
>>>

>> Rebooting will not solve your problem unless your computer has been
>> running for a month. Rebooting just means restarting the machine.
>>
>> If you were told to do a "repair installation" of XP, look here:
>> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
>>
>> and here:
>> http://www.theeldergeek.com/repairing_windows_xp.htm

> I checked the guy's headers to see if maybe he was a neighbor of mine. I
> hear people in this area using the term "reboot" to say "reinstalling
> Windows". And the funny box with all the wires coming out of it is the
> "modem", "hard disk" or even "modium" (my favorite). But his ISP doesn't
> serve my area.

I'm guessing you live in a "red" state.

Rob K

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 20:05:57 -0500, Rgr wrote:

<snip>

> I checked the guy's headers to see if maybe he was a neighbor of mine. I
> hear people in this area using the term "reboot" to say "reinstalling
> Windows". And the funny box with all the wires coming out of it is the
> "modem", "hard disk" or even "modium" (my favorite). But his ISP doesn't
> serve my area.

Must admit I've been looking at OP's headers - yup, the English is
'remarkable', too, even by my standards. Are you serious about the
'modium' bit ?

Never a dull moment in 24HSHD......

--
My E-mail address in ROT-13:

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Alvin Ray Black wrote:
> My Original computer came with Microsoft millennium
> installd. Recently I changed to Microsoft Windows XP
> Home addition.However hv been having some recent
> problems and was told to reboot windows, Is there someway you cam cxlick on
> some keys of the keyboard
> to perform the booting?

I'm assuming that you mean to reinstall the operating system, which in
over 90% of the cases is Windows. If the computer is an HP desktop, you
can usually get to the restore procedure by pressing F10 during startup.
If it's a Dell or Gateway you probably have a restore disk. You may be
able to find more specific info on the manufacturer's website, but
getting on the phone and talking to a tech support drone is probably the
best way to get through this. If it's not as automated as a restore
disk, then I'd suggest you enlist the help of some local geek who has
already be down this road before. It would save you a lot of hassle.