Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HELP - multiple part mpeg files

HELP - multiple part mpeg files

Ionizer

"rtaddis" <(E-Mail Removed)..net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into

just
> one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named movie1.mpeg,
> movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a continuation of the
> previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so I can watch the whole

clip
> instead of having to watch 5 separate ones?

I use "Easy Video Joiner" for this purpose: http://doeasier.org/joiner/ A
7-day free trial is offered. This utility works very quickly, and can
join mpeg, avi, Real Media and WMV files as well.

Regards,
Ian.

gangle

"rtaddis" wrote
> Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into just
> one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named movie1.mpeg,
> movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a continuation of the
> previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so I can watch the whole clip
> instead of having to watch 5 separate ones?

Within TEMPGEnc main window: File > Mpeg Tools > Merge
http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

Richard

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rgr wrote:
>
> > rtaddis wrote:
> >> Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into
> >> just one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named
> >> movie1.mpeg, movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a
> >> continuation of the previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so
> >> I can watch the whole clip instead of having to watch 5 separate
> >> ones?

> > Click on F1 in OE, search for "combine and decode". Once you figure
> > that out, then get a good news program such as Agent or XNews.

> Unless he's actually got 'finished', playable, consecutive mpeg
> files, and needs a splitter/joiner.

No. A splitter/joiner will only join files where the file was split into
chunks with a splitter.
Those can be identified with names like movie.mpg.001.
to join moive1.mpg to movie2.mpg, you need a different type of joiner.
Something like windows movie maker.

Richard

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> trout wrote:
> > Rgr wrote:

> >>Click on F1 in OE, search for "combine and decode". Once you figure
> >>that out, then get a good news program such as Agent or XNews.

> > Unless he's actually got 'finished', playable, consecutive mpeg
> > files, and needs a splitter/joiner.

> Yeah, I saw that but thought it was a newbie error in remembering how
> the sections are named. He specifically asked about combining multiple
> mpegs and I suppose I made an assumption. I see now on closer reading
> that he probably didn't mean combine and decode.

He asked a specific question that you assumed wrongly.
Because you saw the word "combining" you immediately think "combine and
decode".
Because I see various types of movie combinations all the time, I know the
difference between movie names and numbering.

e.g.:
movie.mpg (01/30)
This says a file by the name of movie.mpg has thirty parts and this is the
first part.
Use combine and decode.
There are no more parts.

movie.mpg.001 (01/30)
In this case, a not only do we use combine and decode, but most likely will
need a joiner to complete the numerous parts.
These can also be joined in dos and sometimes a batch file is included.

movie1.mpg.
A complete movie with no sub parts that require joining in any way.
if movie2.mpg is the second "clip" of the entire movie, then it may be
possible to join in dos or use a program designed to join to create one
longer movie.

This is what the OP was asking about.
I have several movies just like this and they don't always join together so
easily.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Thank you for that moment of clarity.