Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HELP - multiple part mpeg files

HELP - multiple part mpeg files

rtaddis

Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into just
one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named movie1.mpeg,
movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a continuation of the
previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so I can watch the whole clip
instead of having to watch 5 separate ones?

TIA,
Hawkeye65

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

rtaddis wrote:
> Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into just
> one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named movie1.mpeg,
> movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a continuation of the
> previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so I can watch the whole clip
> instead of having to watch 5 separate ones?

Click on F1 in OE, search for "combine and decode". Once you figure that
out, then get a good news program such as Agent or XNews.

Richard

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> rtaddis wrote:
> > Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into

just
> > one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named movie1.mpeg,
> > movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a continuation of the
> > previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so I can watch the whole

clip
> > instead of having to watch 5 separate ones?

> Click on F1 in OE, search for "combine and decode". Once you figure that
> out, then get a good news program such as Agent or XNews.

Wrong! This is not a combine and decode situation.
Some posters break longer movies into "clips" then post those.
There are some programs available, but most are not reliable.

What can be tried though, is to use windows movies maker.
Import the clips, then combine into one longer movie.
The output will be in wmv format and may even be smaller in size.

The only time combine and decode works is when you have the situation:
moviename.mpg.001 (01/30) // This is file 1 of moviename.mpg which contains
30 parts. This is the first part.
moviename.mog.001 (02/30) // This is the 2nd part.

After that, you then need other software to join the various pieces
together.

Unk

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 22:44:17 -0500, "rtaddis" <(E-Mail Removed)..net>
wrote:

>Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into just
>one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named movie1.mpeg,
>movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a continuation of the
>previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so I can watch the whole clip
>instead of having to watch 5 separate ones?
>
>TIA,
>Hawkeye65

You need a program like "AVI/MPEG/RM/WMV Joiner"
http://www.boilsoft.com/

trout

Rgr wrote:

> rtaddis wrote:
>> Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into
>> just one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named
>> movie1.mpeg, movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a
>> continuation of the previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so
>> I can watch the whole clip instead of having to watch 5 separate
>> ones?

> Click on F1 in OE, search for "combine and decode". Once you figure
> that out, then get a good news program such as Agent or XNews.

Unless he's actually got 'finished', playable, consecutive mpeg
files, and needs a splitter/joiner.
--
"I'm not opening my reference notes today. I'm sure there'll be lots of
suggestions, if that's what he needs."

The Old Sourdough

On Thu 02 Dec 2004 10:44:17p, rtaddis drooled the following utter
nonsense in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files
> into just one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named
> movie1.mpeg, movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a
> continuation of the previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1
> so I can watch the whole clip instead of having to watch 5
> separate ones?
>

> TIA,
> Hawkeye65

Outlook Express Help>Index>Combine and decode

--
The Old Sourdough
BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

trout wrote:
> Rgr wrote:
>

>>rtaddis wrote:
>>
>>>Could someone please tell me how to combine multiple mpeg files into
>>>just one. What I mean is this; say I have 5 mpeg files named
>>>movie1.mpeg, movie2.mpeg, movie3.mpeg, etc. Each mpeg file is a
>>>continuation of the previous one. How can I combine all 5 into 1 so
>>>I can watch the whole clip instead of having to watch 5 separate
>>>ones?

>>Click on F1 in OE, search for "combine and decode". Once you figure
>>that out, then get a good news program such as Agent or XNews.

> Unless he's actually got 'finished', playable, consecutive mpeg
> files, and needs a splitter/joiner.

Yeah, I saw that but thought it was a newbie error in remembering how
the sections are named. He specifically asked about combining multiple
mpegs and I suppose I made an assumption. I see now on closer reading
that he probably didn't mean combine and decode.

trout

Rgr wrote:

> trout wrote:
>> Rgr wrote:

>>> Click on F1 in OE, search for "combine and decode". Once you figure
>>> that out, then get a good news program such as Agent or XNews.

>> Unless he's actually got 'finished', playable, consecutive mpeg
>> files, and needs a splitter/joiner.

> Yeah, I saw that but thought it was a newbie error in remembering how
> the sections are named. He specifically asked about combining multiple
> mpegs and I suppose I made an assumption. I see now on closer reading
> that he probably didn't mean combine and decode.

Yeah; I don't know fer sure, either, which is why I suggested a
*possible* alternative, instead of hollering "Wrong!" like some kind of
bone-headed usenet kook.
--
"Not naming any particularly-infamous loons whose name start with 'b u l
l'."

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

trout wrote:
> Rgr wrote:
>

>>trout wrote:

>>> Unless he's actually got 'finished', playable, consecutive mpeg
>>>files, and needs a splitter/joiner.

>>Yeah, I saw that but thought it was a newbie error in remembering how
>>the sections are named. He specifically asked about combining multiple
>>mpegs and I suppose I made an assumption. I see now on closer reading
>>that he probably didn't mean combine and decode.

> Yeah; I don't know fer sure, either, which is why I suggested a
> *possible* alternative, instead of hollering "Wrong!" like some kind of
> bone-headed usenet kook.

This group does seem to attract the bestest net-loons, doesn't it?

trout

Rgr wrote:

> This group does seem to attract the bestest net-loons, doesn't it?

I'm trying to remember... for *which* century did he have the title?
--
"Not one to rest on his laurels. The competition *is* always fierce."