Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > how to do a 1 to 4 demultiplexer in vhdl?

how to do a 1 to 4 demultiplexer in vhdl?

MNQ

Hi All

I'm trying to figure out how I can write a 1 to 4 demultiplexer in VHDL.
The demux will output one 8 bit serial data on each output, as its selected.
Two of the outputs need to keep the last value ie stay high or stay low. I
have thought of using the CASE construct. Would this be the way to go and
does it have to be used within a PROCESS? Its also got to stop cycling once
all 4 outputs have been used and then wait until more data is sent. Then go
through the process again. But I think I have this bit covered.

Can anyone help with the 1 to 4 demux stage?

Thanks

MNQ

Pieter Hulshoff

> I have thought of using the CASE construct. Would this be the way to go
> and does it have to be used within a PROCESS?

A CASE statement within a process sounds like a clean way to me. You could
also use concurrent assignment statements with the WHEN clause.

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff

pravin.vhdl pravin.vhdl is offline
Junior Member

dear frnd using case is littl bit confusion...so y cant try with....WITH SELET WHEN ...like
with s select